Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Washing machine woes.

boik

Bit of a long shot, but there's all sorts of experts and accumulated knowledge on here, so here goes.....

Daughter has a Beko washing machine. Has been working fine, suddenly the motor/drum will only do one or two revolutions and then stops, but carries on with the rest of the cycle. At each point in the cycle where the drum should spin, it only does one or two turns and then carries and and the cycle completes. There is no display to show any error codes. Obviously nothing is washed properly.

I've replaced the motor brushes, and cleaned (and removed 2 hair grips from) the pump. Belt is fine and I can't hear any obvious bearing noise. Water comes in to the right level and stops, and gets pumped out when it should do.

Anyone got any experience of this sort of problem? She's not got much money so replacement is not really an option.

Cheers.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Not much help other than a bounce but there is definitely somebody on here that deals in washing machines but I cannot remember who

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
@Muhammed 'im hard' Bruce Lee is the resident appliance expert. Been round and sorted ours before.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
Bit of a long shot, but there's all sorts of experts and accumulated knowledge on here, so here goes.....

Daughter has a Beko washing machine. Has been working fine, suddenly the motor/drum will only do one or two revolutions and then stops, but carries on with the rest of the cycle. At each point in the cycle where the drum should spin, it only does one or two turns and then carries and and the cycle completes. There is no display to show any error codes. Obviously nothing is washed properly.

I've replaced the motor brushes, and cleaned (and removed 2 hair grips from) the pump. Belt is fine and I can't hear any obvious bearing noise. Water comes in to the right level and stops, and gets pumped out when it should do.

Anyone got any experience of this sort of problem? She's not got much money so replacement is not really an option.

Cheers.

not exactly your situation, however.... ive got a Beko and something similar happened and i had never in my life before fixed a washing machine but managed to do it...... it would fill up normally and then stop mid cycle, at first it emptied water, then one time it didnt even do that (no error code) and i had to manually drain it. called some crowd who wanted £140 to fix it (for a £250 machine!), so looked online for solutions, i whipped out the multimeter i'd bought on amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Multimeters-Proster-Multimeter-Voltmeter-Backlight/dp/B01EV44V5A/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1467621479&sr=8-4&keywords=multimeter downloaded the manual for my model and took off the top and back of machine and then watched a few videos to test resistance on individual components in washing machine - multimeter (ohms setting)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jXehEzSBF0

if you have a duff component you should find it with the multimeter

i went to the motor, circuit board and tested across every mechanical thing that had wires, and finally i found one that had no resistance reading on the multimeter, it was something called the EMI supressor filter, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beko-WMC7120W-Washing-Machine-Suppressor-EMI-Filter-DNF06-T-JGCAA-2827980500-/172239775454?hash=item281a4a66de
it was near to where the main power lead from the wall enters into the back of the machine, at top right side and back of machine (when facing machine). I took it off and searched for same model and ebay sells recons for £12, still wasnt 100% sure of what i was doing or if changing would fix machine but it was only component with no resistance from multimeter i'd found. Though a £12 punt was better than £140 repair or £250 for a new machine, so bought it. Took 2 mins to replace when it arrived, and it worked, machine been running normally again since Feb 2016.

I dont have a clue as to the specgif problem you have, but a multimeter across the mechanical parts and circuitry should find a duff component with no resistance reading..... good luck

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
@Muhammed 'im hard' Bruce Lee

Hmmm - that's a cut'n'paste too. Weird.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Cheers.

Just PM'd you the details of an engineer [MENTION=342]cardboard[/MENTION] recommended to me and was really good at fixing my machine.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
not exactly your situation, however.... ive got a Beko and something similar happened and i had never in my life before fixed a washing machine but managed to do it...... it would fill up normally and then stop mid cycle, at first it emptied water, then one time it didnt even do that (no error code) and i had to manually drain it. called some crowd who wanted £140 to fix it (for a £250 machine!), so looked online for solutions, i whipped out the multimeter i'd bought on amazon
it was near to where the main power lead from the wall enters into the back of the machine, at top right side and back of machine (when facing machine). I took it off and searched for same model and ebay sells recons for £12, still wasnt 100% sure of what i was doing or if changing would fix machine but it was only component with no resistance from multimeter i'd found. Though a £12 punt was better than £140 repair or £250 for a new machine, so bought it. Took 2 mins to replace when it arrived, and it worked, machine been running normally again since Feb 2016.

I dont have a clue as to the specgif problem you have, but a multimeter across the mechanical parts and circuitry should find a duff component with no resistance reading..... good luck
Blimey thats clever. When you say 'no resistance', do you mean it shows no reading - or full scale reading?

boik

Thanks for all of your replies people. Daughter is over in Aldershot which complicates things a bit. I'll see if I can find a manual online and check a few more components out.

Cheers guys.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not me, sorry. I know eff all about this sort of thing. Big Dave's your man.

Oops.
Could've sworn it was you who had the "I'm 'ard Bruce Lee" thing under his username.

Its BUGGING me now

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think that the tagging system doesn't like the ' in @Muhammed 'im hard' Bruce Lee

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nope, it's big Dave, but tagging him doesn't seem to work.

rotk0624.jpg

"LIGHT THE BEACONS"

beacons_of_light_by_dundurs-d3dvwwi.jpg

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I had a Beko dishwasher that packed up in less than a month - Turkish made I believe.
Have avoided their products ever since.
You do normally get what you pay for on most goods but white goods are always pot luck.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Bit far for me to go I'm afraid, how competent are you with a meter?
All I can suggest, is to measure the motor windings and tacho from the motor block.
Trial and error without seeing the motor but the easiest way is remove it and trace the wires. You've already changed the carbons so that should rule that out. 2 more windings should go to a coil at the end of the motor, that's the tacho. It should measure anywhere between 80 and 200 ohms on the resistance setting. Depending on what motor it is, there should be either 2 or 3 other wires depending on whether your motor has a tapped field connection or not. Across either 2 of these, you should get 1.5 - 3 ohms.
If they all check out, it'll be the pcb or speed control unit. Can't really check those apart from putting a 9 volt supply across the motor relay connections and seeing if you can hear them clicking on and off. If it's motor windings or pcb, it's not really worth paying out for spare parts unfortunately

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here