Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newick Cricket Club

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Am seeing lots of pictures this morning of Michael Vaughan, KP, Piers Morgan and Susannah Reid at Newick CC yesterday, but no explanation as to why - I assume it was a charity event or similar. Anyone on NSC go or indeed shed some light as to what it was about? Vaughan hit 141 not out apparently.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Am seeing lots of pictures this morning of Michael Vaughan, KP, Piers Morgan and Susannah Reid at Newick CC yesterday, but no explanation as to why - I assume it was a charity event or similar. Anyone on NSC go or indeed shed some light as to what it was about? Vaughan hit 141 not out apparently.

Morgan plays / played for Newick CC. I think it was a match between a Morgan XI and the club XI, to raise money for the club.

CoachVealie

Sep 19, 2011
I was at the game. KP turned up late. Lasted 4 balls then skied one. Vaughan has played only 4 games in the last 8 years and hasn't batted for ages. Still good enough to hit many, many filthy pickup shots from square leg to cow corner. Don't think he hit an offside boundary but still very classy.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
I was at the game. KP turned up late. Lasted 4 balls then skied one. Vaughan has played only 4 games in the last 8 years and hasn't batted for ages. Still good enough to hit many, many filthy pickup shots from square leg to cow corner. Don't think he hit an offside boundary but still very classy.

And was it to raise money for Newick CC or something else? KP turned up late - why am I not surprised?

CoachVealie

Sep 19, 2011
And was it to raise money for Newick CC or something else? KP turned up late - why am I not surprised?

KP was predictably late and just didn't care. 4 big swings. 2 misses. Two skied. One caught.

They were collecting for Headway and the cricket club had a bar and food stand. Entry was free.

Vaughan was brilliant. Selfies, autographs, introductions - he did them all.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
played many times against Newick for LSM and two games with Morgan who was an egotistical ****!

Got him out twice though...hahahahahahahaaaaar

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
KP was predictably late and just didn't care. 4 big swings. 2 misses. Two skied. One caught.

They were collecting for Headway and the cricket club had a bar and food stand. Entry was free.

Vaughan was brilliant. Selfies, autographs, introductions - he did them all.

Great stuff. Thanks. I hope that you enjoyed the day.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Err HELLO EVERYONE! WTF is going on here on NSA? All this chat of Vaughan and KP, Morgan signing autographs, who lives or played where, even what charity was a beneficiary etc etc....

FFS!

:needpics:

Hardly any mention of the utter milfage that is Susannah Reid! What was she wearing, who was she with, skimpy little top on an English summers day, perhaps she was a little tipsy by the end of the afternoon? C'mon for gods sake, give us the important info!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Err HELLO EVERYONE! WTF is going on here on NSA? All this chat of Vaughan and KP, Morgan signing autographs, who lives or played where, even what charity was a beneficiary etc etc....

FFS!

:needpics:

Hardly any mention of the utter milfage that is Susannah Reid! What was she wearing, who was she with, skimpy little top on an English summers day, perhaps she was a little tipsy by the end of the afternoon? C'mon for gods sake, give us the important info!

[tweet]749891727587217409[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here