Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any chance of reuniting Murray and Barnes?...

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Could do a lot worse and I wouldn't have thought he will be a regular squad player next season.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Barnes would be a fantastic signing. Hopefully not breaking the bank too much for a proven goalscorer

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
No, we need better than we already have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Wonder if we can get Nicky Forster back too

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Barnes would have scored an absolute BARROWLOAD of goals for us last season now that proper levels of service into the box are in place.

This in spades-With Knockaert, March, Skalak, Murphy and LuaLua in our ranks I really believe he could get 25+ if he brought him in

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I want a striker with some pace alongside Hemed and potentially Murray. So it's a big no from me. I'd take Vydra over Barnes without question.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Barnes would have scored an absolute BARROWLOAD of goals for us last season now that proper levels of service into the box are in place.
PMSL :lolol:
I remember Barnes scoring 20 odd in league 1 many moons ago although many were penalties.He will never be prolific because he's not good enough and loves missing sitter after sitter....people are obsessed with ex players and Barnes is disliked by most because he's actually pretty shite.

Would be a terrible signing :glare:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
This in spades-With Knockaert, March, Skalak, Murphy and LuaLua in our ranks I really believe he could get 25+ if he brought him in
You actually think Barnes would score 25 in the championship....holy cow some people need help as that clown will never ever score more than 15 in any league again.

He's a 1 in 4 goalscorer and he also needs penalties to get those stats.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
PMSL :lolol:
I remember Barnes scoring 20 odd in league 1 many moons ago although many were penalties.He will never be prolific because he's not good enough and loves missing sitter after sitter....people are obsessed with ex players and Barnes is disliked by most because he's actually pretty shite.

Would be a terrible signing :glare:

You don't remember him coming on as sub in THAT Palace play-off match and coming THAT close to scoring twice within his first minute of being on the pitch? Which was twice more than any other Albion player managed in the entire match. Just to refresh your memory, here's what the BBC report said:

'Seagulls manager Gus Poyet, trying to help his side return to the top flight after a 30-year absence, made a substitution after 64 minutes, bringing Barnes on for Andrea Orlandi. And it almost paid immediate dividends. The forward's first touch was on target with Julian Speroni deflecting the ball onto the crossbar and from the resulting corner his header was cleared off the line by Dean Moxey. With that, Brighton's chance to win the game had gone as five minutes later, substitute Bolasie's brilliant left-wing cross was headed home by Zaha, who had snuck in behind Wayne Bridge to convert.'

Barnes IN!

:goal:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
You don't remember him coming on as sub in THAT Palace play-off match and coming THAT close to scoring twice within his first minute of being on the pitch? Which was twice more than any other Albion player managed in the entire match. Just to refresh your memory, here's what the BBC report said:

'Seagulls manager Gus Poyet, trying to help his side return to the top flight after a 30-year absence, made a substitution after 64 minutes, bringing Barnes on for Andrea Orlandi. And it almost paid immediate dividends. The forward's first touch was on target with Julian Speroni deflecting the ball onto the crossbar and from the resulting corner his header was cleared off the line by Dean Moxey. With that, Brighton's chance to win the game had gone as five minutes later, substitute Bolasie's brilliant left-wing cross was headed home by Zaha, who had snuck in behind Wayne Bridge to convert.'

Barnes IN!

:goal:
It's opinions only and in my opinion Barnes is gash and in most games he was gash and he was called "barn door barnes" for a reason:glare:

Would be an awful signing and I doubt Houghton would even look at him to be honest.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Fair enough. It's a game of opinions. Tho I don't recall him ever being called "barn door barnes" by the Withdean Five Thousand.

You're forgetting, this wind up merchant, doesn't go to the Amex, let alone Withdean. Don't feed the troll.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here