Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stadium Yes/Living the Dream trilogy?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
My tidy up continues and I'm trying to get all my books grouped together. I found Stadium Yes and Living the Dream with the latter saying it is the second in a trilogy. Was there ever a third book that I missed or have stored elsewhere? Nothing on the club shop website.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Not quite a full shelf - am I missing any obvious ones?
books.jpg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I did have the Coppell one but think I Charity shopped it after reading.

One of the greatest Albion managers ever, (Steve Coppell, not his book). Unforunately the love affair was all too brief. Another few seasons of him at the helm and we could have reached the Premier League.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
What's the one on the top that's too important to live outside a plastic bag?
:) That's one of these newspaper 'headlines through the years' books that is still in its bag because I looked at it on the Christmas Day I was given it and haven't opened it since. :blush:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My tidy up continues and I'm trying to get all my books grouped together. I found Stadium Yes and Living the Dream with the latter saying it is the second in a trilogy. Was there ever a third book that I missed or have stored elsewhere? Nothing on the club shop website.

Would seem entirely logical that the third book in the trilogy has something to do with either being promoted to the Premier League, or documenting the first season in the Premier League. Realistically, what else could it be? So it won't be written yet. But hopefully will be very soon.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Would seem entirely logical that the third book in the trilogy has something to do with either being promoted to the Premier League, or documenting the first season in the Premier League. Realistically, what else could it be? So it won't be written yet. But hopefully will be very soon.

The first was the building of the stadium, the second was the first season so I would have assumed it would be the second season. If you are right then I'm calling "Commentator's curse" for not going up!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
[MENTION=21477]Dick Swiveller[/MENTION] OUT! :rant:
I was going with blaming Paul Hayward but as a 20 year relationship has taught me, everything is my fault so I'll go with it.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I think the third was when the 1983 FA Cup Final cash was FOUND
Shhhh. The plastic bag Lush referred to CONTAINS the FA Cup Final money.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Have you not got Garry Nelson's books? Or the Mike Bailey autobiography?
Definitely remember reading Left Foot Forward but it may have been an audiobook. Haven't got the Bailey one yet - good shout.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Also the old books next to the Alan Mullery book, haven't seen those before.

They were written by Alec Whitcher who was a director (Chairman?) of the Albion. He also wrote a third called The Ace of Games, although I can't remember if that had any Albion content.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here