Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What next for Ryan Giggs

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Where will Ryan Riggs start his managerial career I would think he would want a team with potential but also have the money to buy players so not really sure who would fit the bill.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Where will Ryan Riggs start his managerial career I would think he would want a team with potential but also have the money to buy players so not really sure who would fit the bill.

He could well be as useless as Gary Neville at a big club., in fact he may well be useless full stop?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that he will be ok and could well have one of the Nevilles as No 2. I think that a championship side will take the chance on him.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think that he will be ok and could well have one of the Nevilles as No 2. I think that a championship side will take the chance on him.

The Neville's and Ryan Gigs are the ''Darlings'' of the Press so they get cut a lot of slack so they will be allowed to fail once or twice without being slaughtered.

Tim Sherwood got cut the same slack, that's why he will probably only take a job now where he has a budget better than his opposition. I think Giggs will do something similar

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I often wonederd why Giggs hadn't done any punditry. Till now. His recent performances have been dreary and monotonic. It beats me what the ladies see in him :whistle:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Acting possibly?

Always old movies to be remade.

sisterinlaw-prism1%20(VHSCollector.com).jpg

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I would imagine he will go round a few contacts clubs and do some training and coaching for them.

JFH did this under Gus so have a number of other younger less well known coaches. All good experiance.

I dont think he should jump in too soon pick the right team.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
If he were to go into management, surely he would seek advise from Alex Ferguson on his best options, seeing he nurtured (if that's the right word), him from a young age?

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

Not management material , no personality , no charisma , no authority , no nothing actually , apart from being a very good footballer with Man Utd

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think PNE Villa and Wigan will be watching the situation if they do not start off well and also possibly Newcastle if Benitez is poached by Spain.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I don't see Guidolin being Swansea manager for a long time. They've taken a chance on relatively inexperienced managers in the past who fit their model of football and I could see Ryan Giggs being compatible with that.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think PNE Villa and Wigan will be watching the situation if they do not start off well and also possibly Newcastle if Benitez is poached by Spain.

They would all be very foolish in my opinion. Giggs comes with no managerial experience at all, and being a number two isn't nearly the same as being in the hot seat yourself.

If he is sensible he will have noted what happened to his mate Gary Neville at Valencia, and maybe his first managerial role would be better spent managing in a lower division.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They would all be very foolish in my opinion. Giggs comes with no managerial experience at all, and being a number two isn't nearly the same as being in the hot seat yourself.

If he is sensible he will have noted what happened to his mate Gary Neville at Valencia, and maybe his first managerial role would be better spent managing in a lower division.

I would think that his ego would not let him drop to Div 1 or 2 even as a rookie manager.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton

I think the difference there is Gary Neville was managing in a different country. Managing in a country where British coaches are not that well respected is a big risk for a rookie to take and that's before factoring in the language barrier and also that he was taking on a job with a "fallen giant" club where expectations are always big.

Taking on a job with a Championship side doesn't present a lot of the same type of difficulties. If he consults his old manager for advice, the main thing he would say is "choose your chairman carefully".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here