Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For mile oak residents...don't open if not interested

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
On the Facebook page L.O.G.S, there are plans for the building of 400 houses by the allotments at the back of graham avenue/ gorse close, leading up to the bypass.

There is a public meeting tomorrow with Kyle at PACA ( mile oak library) at 11 o'clock if anyone is interested. The opposition is based around access, schools, doctors etc.( Mile oak School is officially at capacity for next year) - we need to think of the children of MO!

On there, is also the city plan showing other areas of B&H that is under the development discussion.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
NIMBYs and BANANAs unite.

Comes to my mind. 'Not enough affordable housing' many cry

As long as it isn't built near us !

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
oppose it if you wish, just dont complain about house prices or availability for your children to live locally.

access, school places, doctors etc are not reasons to object to planning, they are items that need to be addressed, conditions to attach etc.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Comes to my mind. 'Not enough affordable housing' many cry

As long as it isn't built near us !

To be fair, it's the wrong place. If you know the area, you will know that it is right at the end of Mile oak, tucked up to the bypass. The roads around here are very tight, being built in the sixties and overflowing with cars and especially vans. There is a real concern that if there is a fire in our area, fire engines will not get down some roads. NIMBY Or not, it is not the place...however, between foredown tower and fox way, the farmland there was allocated for housing but the farmer changed his mind. That is far more suitable.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
oppose it if you wish, just dont complain about house prices or availability for your children to live locally.

access, school places, doctors etc are not reasons to object to planning, they are items that need to be addressed, conditions to attach etc.

Do you know the area then?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Don't suggest you use the doctor argument. Mile Oak Medical Centre is modern and massive for its 7, 800 patients!

So where do you expect these sites to come from that are going to satisfy the massive housing demand in the South East?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
To be fair, it's the wrong place. If you know the area, you will know that it is right at the end of Mile oak, tucked up to the bypass. The roads around here are very tight, being built in the sixties and overflowing with cars and especially vans. There is a real concern that if there is a fire in our area, fire engines will not get down some roads. NIMBY Or not, it is not the place...however, between foredown tower and fox way, the farmland there was allocated for housing but the farmer changed his mind. That is far more suitable.

I know the area and a friend once lived in Gorse Close - presumably that access to the allotments would be the only way through to the new development? Ridiculous if so for the reasons you give above.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

You can solves the issue of access for emergency vehicles in two simple steps.

1. All bus routes to become one way
2. Double yellow lines on one side of all roads which is strictly enforced

Once completed emergency vehicles will have the required access for all roads and you can sleep soundly knowing that in an emergency assistance will be able to reach you.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You can solves the issue of access for emergency vehicles in two simple steps.

1. All bus routes to become one way
2. Double yellow lines on one side of all roads which is strictly enforced

Once completed emergency vehicles will have the required access for all roads and you can sleep soundly knowing that in an emergency assistance will be able to reach you.

1. That immediate area is not on a bus route. A bus would never get round there.
2. Where, pray tell, do everybodies vehicles all magically disappear to ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I know the area and a friend once lived in Gorse Close - presumably that access to the allotments would be the only way through to the new development?

i would presume that 400 houses on that site might be accessed from Mile Oak road. unless the plans say otherwise, and if they did then thats the sort of thing to make a requirement of planning.

no, im not familar with the area, but i am familar with the pattern of complaints. everyone is complaining about 40 houses built round the corner from me, access, primary schools, parking, etc all used. and the comical "amenity" gambit, as if dog walkers use of private land trumps housing. we need hundred of thousands of homes, we need prices to stablise or reduce, we can only achieve these things by allowing more building and planning permission. the vast majority of the value of homes in the south east is the land they are on, not the cost of construction. we create artificial scarcity, drive up prices, then complain homes are too expensive to rent or buy.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Could you please point me in the direction of the facebook page? L.O.G.S just gets me pictures of felled trees (unsurprisingly).

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
That's probably the scale we should be building at, and is sufficiently large to justify building all the infrastructure of schools etc...
That is the problem - there is no mention of doctors, hospitals, schools, dentists etc. Just a road diversion. The HTC response is a good read. Hailsham has gained 1200 houses recently with no new infrastructure and the doctors surgeries are rammed. The Eastbourne DGH has been downgraded. There is no rail link and no dualling to the north or west. You can't turn a small town into a big town just by building loads of houses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here