Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wiltshire

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Off next week glamping in Wiltshire, any recommendations from the great and good of worthwhile places to go?? Already got on the list of things to do a trip round the magic roundabout and the museum of computing. Looks a very poor forecast so probably need a few indoor activities.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Should never have been taken to the Euros. Clearly not match fit and did nothing this season to justify his selection...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Bowood House, just outside Calne is beautiful and has a great area for kids too.

Bath obviously

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Salisbury Cathedral and Close. Truly lovely, historic, and an original 1215 Magna Carta.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
surely book in a stadium tour of the cathedral of Wiltshire football, the County Ground?

I've checked and they don't do stadium tours out of season :nono:, will probably visit the Swindon Museum though.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Salisbury Cathedral and Close. Truly lovely, historic, and an original 1215 Magna Carta.

This. I'm an atheist but I was mightily impressed by the cathedral and I loved Salisbury the town too, it's a lovely place to visit

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Steam Museum and the Outlet ( shopping centre)
/biggest Asda in the country ( so im told)
Cotswold water park
Air Tattoo at Fairford next weekend
Museum of computing
Avebery / stonehenge
Caen Hill locks
Walk the Ridgeway

Anymore?

Bibury ( actually in Gloustershire ) but open your passport and the row of cottages on the first page is Bibury, always full of Japanese tourist....( lovely sexy ladies)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Off next week glamping in Wiltshire, any recommendations from the great and good of worthwhile places to go?? Already got on the list of things to do a trip round the magic roundabout and the museum of computing. Looks a very poor forecast so probably need a few indoor activities.

As Bath has been mentioned, I would very much recommend Bath Spa for a bit of spoil oneself.
It's not cheap, but well worth it, especially the rooftop pool, great views over Bath
Or if you like gardens, Iford Manor with its Peto gardens are a must :)

https://www.thermaebathspa.com/
http://www.ifordmanor.co.uk/garden.html

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Rather surprised at no mention of Bradford-Upon-Avon. http://www.bradfordonavon.co.uk/

Beautiful historic town. Worth a morning there whilst popping across to Bath for the rest of the day.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here