Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

May and Blair Top Brexit team ?

nickrhodes

May 1, 2015
Other than one being conservative and the other labour, would it be a good idea for May assuming she becomes the PM gets our best and most experienced negotiator on board just to deal with Brexit negotiations ?

Sounds bizarre I know but I do think they would make a formidable Brexit negotiation team.

Anyone else have any thoughts. This thread is only about Brexit no rehashing comments on wars please !

This is not Nick Rhodes

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
you have inside knowledge of Chilcot? you dont want to mention the war, but bit difficult when the related enquiry comes out next week.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
He may find it hard to negotiate on anything from the inside of a jail in The Hague

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
A respected statesman throughout Europe, good suggestion. He also oversaw an unprecedented decade of economic growth and financial stability.

He got Iraq very, gravely wrong but you can't fault his domestic records so I'm in [emoji106]

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Blair's legacy suddenly doesn't look that bad. Cameron's is x100 worse and will have a far greater impact on the future

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Blair's legacy suddenly doesn't look that bad. Cameron's is x100 worse and will have a far greater impact on the future

This could unfortunately prove true eventually, it will depend on how badly our exit damages the E.U. and if it leads to further break up or dismantling. Many people thought it a bit dramatic when Cameron said a leave decision could lead to war, but history would suggest it to be a legitimate concern long term.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

Domestically, Blair was a great PM for the UK. Overshadowed, quite rightly, by Iraq. Right now it's all "Tony B.Liar" and "War criminal" but I firmly believe, in time, his legacy will be remembered with a more even hand. A PM that served his country well, before making a disastrous mistake.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

It can quite easily be argued that the Middle East Peace Envoy's legacy is ISIS. On that basis, we ought to be sh!tting ourselves for the future.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Blair was and is a big fan of the EU and kindly gave up a big chunk of our rebate for naff all in return ... so it's a no from me.

Tony Blair's decision to cut the EU rebate cost £9.3billion, report shows

Now figures calculated by House of Commons researchers show that Britain will have lost out on €10.5billion (£9.3billion) by not receiving the full rebate between 2007 and 2013, calculated at 2004 prices.

The Commons’ researchers calculated that the lost income is the equivalent of £344 for every household in Britain.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...e-EU-rebate-cost-9.3billion-report-shows.html

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Other than one being conservative and the other labour, would it be a good idea for May assuming she becomes the PM gets our best and most experienced negotiator on board just to deal with Brexit negotiations ?

Sounds bizarre I know but I do think they would make a formidable Brexit negotiation team.

Anyone else have any thoughts. This thread is only about Brexit no rehashing comments on wars please !

This is not Nick Rhodes

Blair was so pro EU that when he was PM he wanted to join the Euro. It was only Gordon Brown with his 5 (unachievable, well done GB) requirements that stopped us going down that catastrophic path. In any case as others have pointed out this time next week, I think Blair's name will be in the public limelight again, we (hopefully) will all be able to see what utter BS him and his cronies came up with, that led us to war.

This is Simon Le Bon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here