Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris is NOT running

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Boris has been crapping himself ever since the Leave vote won. All the colour drained from his cheeks from that point on. Patently hadn't the foggiest idea what to do next and realised he was WAY out of his depth. Time to step aside and let the serious politicians get on with it. Hopefully that walking talking Spitting Image clown Farage will now likewise do one from public life.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Boris has been crapping himself ever since the Leave vote won. All the colour drained from his cheeks from that point on. Patently hadn't the foggiest idea what to do next and realised he was WAY out of his depth. Time to step aside and let the serious politicians get on with it. Hopefully that walking talking Spitting Image clown will now likewise do one from public life.

He's serenely walked off the Big Dipper at the exit point, knowing full well that the next ride is heading for a crash. Charlatan.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
"BBC assistant political editor Norman Smith says Michael Gove's decision to contest the Conservative Party leadership had led to Boris Johnson's decision not to take part.

He says it was an "et tu Michael?" moment.

Norman says Boris Johnson "who probably won the Brexit campaign", by giving it the leadership, the profile and the pizzazz "now recognises that he has become toxic to large swathes of the country".

Mr Johnson did not name who he believes should be Tory leader but did state 'that old bugger Govey called my bluff, thank goodness. You all know me as an amiable buffoon but the idea of me running the show is just as preposterous as my hairdo. I do wish you all the best of luck in trying to find a statesmanlike figure to lead us through these turbulent times, the front runners on both sides of the house are all a shower of shits'".

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Conservatives doing what they do best; Johnson would have done the same thing given half a chance.

back-stabbing.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It will be Theresa May.

Her speech was very statesperson like this morning.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wow. A lot of folk I have spoken to about this think Boris backed leave expecting the remain vote to win, so he could step in as a 'Eutoskeptic' candidate for the vote that matters to him, that of tory leader, with in his perception, an electorate that is more skeptic than not. Blimey, boy did he cock that one up if, as I presume from this thread, he has decided to step aside.

Now we have a remainer likely to win the leadership (May). I'm not a conservative vote (no shit, eh?) and have not followed May closely, by my perception is that she is solid, sound, statesmanlike, and in her press conference broadcasted this morning, came acrosss brilliantly.

But . . .as someone else noted, what a complete and utter shambols. What are we like, right now? Unbelievable. :down::shrug:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
His ego would never allow it. Just look at the way he behaved in the European Parliament the other day - no class whatsoever.

Yup, anybody who watched that muppet performance would have come to the same conclusion shirley. David Cameron by comparison, despite having every right to just say furk it to the lot of you, has acted with dignity and class throughout. Total respect to the man for that.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
All I will say about British politics right now is that pantomime season has come six months early.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This is a Shakespearean play in the making, one mans huge ambition thwarted by his closest ally.

Marvellous scenes

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Totally unsurprised. Once Cameron resigned on Friday morning, Johnson knew his political goose was cooked. Surprised anyone wants to preside over this mess.

However, he now re-positions himself, cloak on, knife in hand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here