Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Conservative Party leadership contest [Gove to run against Boris (oh, wait)]

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Saying Boris can't provide leadership.

My theory. Knows he won't win but splitting the Boris vote gives a free run for May.

It's a post Brexit Leave/Remain stop Boris MayGove pact.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Next PM/Tory leadership

Gove enters the race, citing BoJo cannot provide leadership.

Seems as though certain careerist senior Tories are trying to catch up with Labour's current predicaments (although they'll fail in that).

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I think he's spot-on about Boris but that doesn't make him any less of a ghastly opportunist. Obviously the country is heading to be another coalition: politicians, journalists (who happen to be married to them) and our old mates the newspaper editors.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He may be genuinely worried that the Tory party could fall into the hands of its extreme left wing "Blue Veg' popularised by radical musicians such as Gary Barlow of Spandex Ballet.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Wonder what Mrs Gove (Sarah vine) said to persuade the 'gover' to run?

He's clearly the one the mail and sun will back is her letter is to be believed

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Hasn’t Jeremy ‘I love the NHS, especially when I’m selling it off’ Hunt thrown is hat in the ring too?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Saying Boris can't provide leadership.

My theory. Knows he won't win but splitting the Boris vote gives a free run for May.

surprised he running, as he's said before that he wasnt equiped to be a leader (thus making him probably most suitable), and had expected him to support Boris. split the vote makes sense, if he comes through the middle and wins, not a bad leader. i know he irks alot on the left but he's straight talking and gets on with delivery.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Is Michael Gove qualified to run this United Kingdom? Is he an expert? This country has had enough of them. The last thing this country needs right now is an expert to run it. Or more that matter a messiah and I should know, I've followed a few. Is Michael Gove a messiah? Like foreigners, we don't need his sort round here if he is.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Also interesting to note that Gove has categorically said in the past he doesn't want to lead the Tory party or be PM. Clearly as another poster points out, is just running to stop Borris :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here