Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

County Pride - Sussex by the Sea - 1953

Sussaxon

Mar 19, 2014
Sussex
I accidentally came across the following video on YouTube from 1953 called "Heritage of Song No. 5 County Pride". It's part of a series which travels around England highlighting the customs and songs of England's counties.

This particular video concentrates on Sussex and 'Sussex by the Sea' including bits on Somerset and Devon. You can get a real sense from this video that ones' county actually meant something to everyone back then. I got an instant sense of pride and slightly emotional because this video sums up exactly why I wish to preserve Sussex's history, heritage and identity!!! I thought "This is why I worked so hard pushing the flag of Sussex", "This is why I feel so strongly about preserving and promoting the historic county boundary", "I can't let Sussex die and become an irrelevance to future generations!". There's no mention of 'East Sussex' or 'West Sussex', it's exactly how Sussex should be portrayed. In the 21st Century we MUST 'Stand or Fall for Sussex by the Sea!!!!'

Enjoy...
[YT]IBO6iR1l3Ug[/YT]

Sussex featured up until 7:06, and then from 16:30.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Can anyone identify the cricket ground (around 4 mins in)...?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
16.30-17.10 is brilliant.

Put together by a forefather of [MENTION=307]Biscuit[/MENTION]...?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I accidentally came across the following video on YouTube from 1953 called "Heritage of Song No. 5 County Pride". It's part of a series which travels around England highlighting the customs and songs of England's counties.

This particular video concentrates on Sussex and 'Sussex by the Sea' including bits on Somerset and Devon. You can get a real sense from this video that ones' county actually meant something to everyone back then. I got an instant sense of pride and slightly emotional because this video sums up exactly why I wish to preserve Sussex's history, heritage and identity!!! I thought "This is why I worked so hard pushing the flag of Sussex", "This is why I feel so strongly about preserving and promoting the historic county boundary", "I can't let Sussex die and become an irrelevance to future generations!". There's no mention of 'East Sussex' or 'West Sussex', it's exactly how Sussex should be portrayed. In the 21st Century we MUST 'Stand or Fall for Sussex by the Sea!!!!'

Enjoy...
[YT]IBO6iR1l3Ug[/YT]

Sussex featured up until 7:06, and then from 16:30.

Even more poignant given that it's 100 years since the Somme offensive that our song was a Great War marching song.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here