Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr v Mrs call the mediator

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Anyone watch this ?? Got to feel for the blokes on there , one got taken to the absolute cleaners , and none of the women came across well at all imo.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I was squirming whilst watching, if I wasn't already married, it would have put me off ever getting hitched.

I felt sorry for the man in his 50s who was battling against having to sell the family home, to pay off the wet lettuce of a wife who was being instructed by her new man.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Thought this was another Referendum thread :eek:.Sorry

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I feel no sympathy whatsoever for any human being that agrees to appear on the program, or any other like it for that matter, in the first place.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I feel no sympathy whatsoever for any human being that agrees to appear on the program, or any other like it for that matter, in the first place.

We did wonder at the time why anyone would want to make that all public!

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
We did wonder at the time why anyone would want to make that all public!

I wouldn't be surprised if it was some sort of arrangement whereby they get some of the money back. Will definitely get the mediator fees paid and probably a little bonus as well.

Some people just have no shame when it comes to sharing this sort of stuff

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I wouldn't be surprised if it was some sort of arrangement whereby they get some of the money back. Will definitely get the mediator fees paid and probably a little bonus as well.

Some people just have no shame when it comes to sharing this sort of stuff
I know , i certainly wouldnt do it.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
That poor bloke who was forced to give up £205k of their £315k house sale.

"I need it to buy a house 100 miles away" she said
"And I need the additional bit in case there is a leak or something" she said
She ends up hooking up with another bloke and buying a house with him.....almost certainly leaving her with a paid off new home and some equity in her pocket.

I'd be FUMING.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Anyone watch this ?? Got to feel for the blokes on there , one got taken to the absolute cleaners , and none of the women came across well at all imo.

My wife has been, and arrived at the same conclusion last week. I won't watch it because it will make me angry. It just goes to show how bias the law is in favour of women in this country.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
My wife has been, and arrived at the same conclusion last week. I won't watch it because it will make me angry. It just goes to show how bias the law is in favour of women in this country.
Its addictive, I KNOW it will make me angry yet still watch it :lolol:

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz

She ends up hooking up with another bloke and buying a house with him.....almost certainly leaving her with a paid off new home and some equity in her pocket.

I'd be FUMING.

Indeed she struck me as being very cold and calculating.
The blonde curly haired one had a manic look about her that frightened the living daylights out of me.

Sent from my head using krapatalk

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I'd be FUMING.

She was BLATANTLY already seeing that guy, and almost certainly never intended to move all that way. Shocking.

It's a really interesting show, I barely watch any TV but this was on in the background and I really got into it. I tried not to be too judgemental but in the ones about money, genuinely none of the women come across well at all.

As mentioned, the one in his fifties, whose wife ran off with a man in his mid to late seventies is unreal! She was clearly living with her new man (actually old man, because she was originally with him when she was 16). I am pretty sure that if you are living with someone, their wealth also has to be taken into account during any split.
I really liked how the husband had calculated how much he owed her based on the house value when she left him for another man... but since that was almost a year before, the house had risen in value significantly, and legally she's entitled to half of the current assets. There's a lesson for all of us - if you split up and there is no chance of reconciliation, then get out as soon as you possibly can, to avoid further unpleasantness.

My sister's husband met a woman online, confessed to my sister he was in love with another and then went to see this woman (he'd never met her). They slept together once and then decided they didn't like each other. Anyway, my sis and he have been separated for 8 years, but not yet divorced - GOD KNOWS WHY. He's totally useless and hasn't contributed anything in that time, yet he is still entitled to the house she has been paying for during almost a decade. It's madness.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
She was BLATANTLY already seeing that guy, and almost certainly never intended to move all that way. Shocking.

It's a really interesting show, I barely watch any TV but this was on in the background and I really got into it. I tried not to be too judgemental but in the ones about money, genuinely none of the women come across well at all.

As mentioned, the one in his fifties, whose wife ran off with a man in his mid to late seventies is unreal! She was clearly living with her new man (actually old man, because she was originally with him when she was 16). I am pretty sure that if you are living with someone, their wealth also has to be taken into account during any split.
I really liked how the husband had calculated how much he owed her based on the house value when she left him for another man... but since that was almost a year before, the house had risen in value significantly, and legally she's entitled to half of the current assets. There's a lesson for all of us - if you split up and there is no chance of reconciliation, then get out as soon as you possibly can, to avoid further unpleasantness.

My sister's husband met a woman online, confessed to my sister he was in love with another and then went to see this woman (he'd never met her). They slept together once and then decided they didn't like each other. Anyway, my sis and he have been separated for 8 years, but not yet divorced - GOD KNOWS WHY. He's totally useless and hasn't contributed anything in that time, yet he is still entitled to the house she has been paying for during almost a decade. It's madness.

My parents out do that to be fair.

Split up when I was 4. Divorced when I was 21.

Partly as my dad didn't want to pay what Child support told him he would instead of what he wanted (classy guy) Partly because they couldn't be bothered to do the paperwork and figure out who got what.

They ended up doing it pretty amicably in the end but a total shambles in my view

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Indeed she struck me as being very cold and calculating.
The blonde curly haired one had a manic look about her that frightened the living daylights out of me.

Sent from my head using krapatalk

There was one bit where I shouted "WHAT!?" at the TV in relation to her.

She claimed she wanted to move 100miles away. He said "It means I have to drive over 3 hours on a Friday night after work to see the kids".

She says "It wont be 3 hours"

Him: "ITS A FRIDAY NIGHT"

The mediator "Yeah, it will be bad at those times"

Her: "I'll find a different route for you."

All said with NO emotion on her face. Completely cold and calculated, also showed she was completely out of touch with the real world.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
My parents out do that to be fair.

Split up when I was 4. Divorced when I was 21.

Partly as my dad didn't want to pay what Child support told him he would instead of what he wanted (classy guy) Partly because they couldn't be bothered to do the paperwork and figure out who got what.

They ended up doing it pretty amicably in the end but a total shambles in my view
I pay £500 a month for my two , the CSA would have me pay more , i think what i pay is fair and i certainly dont begrudge it , i'd feel less of a man if i didnt support my kids , so maybe you shouldnt judge your dad so harshly , unless of course he was a complete deadbeat who didnt pay an adequate amount.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I pay £500 a month for my two , the CSA would have me pay more , i think what i pay is fair and i certainly dont begrudge it , i'd feel less of a man if i didnt support my kids , so maybe you shouldnt judge your dad so harshly , unless of course he was a complete deadbeat who didnt pay an adequate amount.

I guess it comes down to what he thought was fair and what my mum did.

We rarely went without and I can't complain too much about my upbringing. Many other reasons to judge him badly but I have been told his comment was 'I won't pay child support so you won't get a divorce until Paul Reids Sock is 18, you'll get what you are given'

I always found it odd he knew my NSC username 20 odd years before I made it

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I guess it comes down to what he thought was fair and what my mum did.

We rarely went without and I can't complain too much about my upbringing. Many other reasons to judge him badly but I have been told his comment was 'I won't pay child support so you won't get a divorce until Paul Reids Sock is 18, you'll get what you are given'

I always found it odd he knew my NSC username 20 odd years before I made it
Ive been lucky with my ex wife re :the kids/money/access and she has never slated me to them as far as i know , but i know plenty of women who do unfairly slate their exes , so maybe dont always take everything youre told as gospel , love the username comment btw !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here