Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Grigg song

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I apologise if i've missed something, but what's all the fuss about a song with Will Grigg's name in it? All I read about him is this 'Will Grigg is On Fire' song. He's not the first footballer to have a song/chant, using an established tune.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I apologise if i've missed something, but what's all the fuss about a song with Will Grigg's name in it? All I read about him is this 'Will Grigg is On Fire' song. He's not the first footballer to have a song/chant, using an established tune.

It's because the PALACE ULTRAS made it up.....Or at least they will claim to have!

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
The ironical thing is, of course, the Northern Irish Fans sang their heart out with the song through most of their games, and yet Will Grigg's didn't play one minute during the euro's!
I thought the whole thing about having a chant/song was it was used when the appropriate player is on the pitch??, or am I being foolhardy?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The ironical thing is, of course, the Northern Irish Fans sang their heart out with the song through most of their games, and yet Will Grigg's didn't play one minute during the euro's!
I thought the whole thing about having a chant/song was it was used when the appropriate player is on the pitch??, or am I being foolhardy?

New song for the new season

O'Grady's on fire..............:moo:

el punal

So England's "anthem" would be " Road To Nowhere" by Talking Heads.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

Essentially it went viral on YouTube, gained popularity, got put out as an actual song and managed to break it's way into the Top 10 on iTunes. It's just one of those things where it gains just enough popularity at just the right time and starts to spread like wildfire. The way the Northern Irish fans latched to it and sang it so consistently certainly helped, but the peak seemed to really come just before the Euros began.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
It's just a bit of fun but I'm sure some on NSC will pour scorn on it saying its cringeworthy etc

If someone had come up with that idea for one of our players it would have been laughed off the board. Shame, all good fun and creates a great atmosphere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here