Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you been on TV as a guest, contestant on in the audience?

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Mid-1980's as a bystander in a scene in my hometime for "That's Life"

A guest on BBC's Kilroy in 1996 being interviewed on youth social issues. I was a case worker for the YMCA at the time.

What shows have you been on? Did you spot yourself on telly at the Amex?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Mid-1980's as a bystander in a scene in my hometime for "That's Life"

A guest on BBC's Kilroy in 1996 being interviewed on youth social issues. I was a case worker for the YMCA at the time.

What shows have you been on? Did you spot yourself on telly at the Amex?

I find it hard to believe they shot a episode of That's life on the moon or that you were a member of the Village people , this place is getting ridiculous , anyway young man there's no need to feel down .

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
In about 1971'sh on Xmas day, there was a knock on the door and unannounced my Dads friend walked in with 'Duffy' from 'Please Sir' !!!!

Me and my brother carried on playing one of our presents, think it was called 'Hands Down' or something similar trying to pretend he wasnt there and my Mum invited our young teenage girl neighbour to come and join us and she just sobbed continually.

Duffy just sat in our front room had a cup of tea and after about an hour said his goodbyes and off he went, surreal .............................

For younger posters I guess its a bit like having David Jason turn up, I dunno but he was a big hit at the time ;)

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
My face filled the screen at the begining of the Big Match one year. Didnt recognise myself until it panned away to the rest of the Goldstone East stand.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Was in the back drop of top gear...

Was on sky sport running on the pitch at the withdean.. Guess the game for a bonus point ;)

Father in law was on who wants to be a millionaire but didn't get past the fastest finger

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I was in the background of a news story on South Today. It was a feature about free bowls of water for dogs outside Stanmer Stores in Stanmer Park. I was about 13 at the time.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I was on the Generation Game with my aunt Xmas 1975. Still got my pewter engraved tankard.

I went to a pilot show called All the Good Men being filmed at a theatre in Twickenham in 2005 and hosted by Esther Rantzen. It was never broadcast as far as I'm aware.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Audience member: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire

Contestant won a cool £500,000

After filming had ceased, Tarrant asked the contestant if he wanted to answer the £1m question for fun. Yes, he would have won the million quid!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
My Dad discovered that I smoked by seeing me in the crowd at the Twickenham Rugby Sevens.:blush:

I'll see your rugby sevens and raise you Songs of Praise.

I got found out smoking as a 14/15 year old on Haywards Heath station as Songs of Praise decided to interview someone for the show on his daily commute to London.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Caught in an episode of butterflies in Cheltenham in the early 80s

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I was standing at the bar (drinking) on a Chas and Dave show, that was tough. My Grandad and uncle phoned later amazed that they had recognised someone.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I was on a kids cable TV show called Roustabout years ago when I was about 11.
They were recording an article on American Football, & as I was with Brighton B52s at the time I got chosen to be on it with one of the senior squad.
Showed off a few plays, had a bit of a chat, & that was it...but at least it was a day off school.
My parents still have the VHS tape of it - but thankfully no video player anymore!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here