Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Actually a bit frightened of going out since Thursday...

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
...with reported rise of racist attacks and abuse.

I wish for happier times...:down:

1851-black-kitten-running.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
...with reported rise of racist attacks and abuse.

I wish for happier times...:down:
1851-black-kitten-running.jpg
Is that a picture of a relative? Because it's clearly not you.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I genuinely don't believe there are any more racist attacks than there has ever been. They are just getting reported now because it suits those in power, whereas it didn't before.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
I genuinely don't believe there are any more racist attacks than there has ever been. They are just getting reported now because it suits those in power, whereas it didn't before.

You are probably right. It's been playing on my mind though. I got attacked on Edward Street in 2000 so I am wary about these sort of things.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Or maybe due to the likes of rock against racism in the late 70s and other campaigns people are more aware that racism is unacceptable. Which means that unlike in the past where witnesses to racism would look the other way they are more confident in reporting the incident themselves.
If we are still at historic levels of racism then we gave real problems with our society.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here