Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supporting the other Home Nations in sport

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Isnt it a shame that the English defeat was celebrated so enthusiastically by the Welsh team., I know there are exceptions, but the vast majority of English people genuinley want to see the other Home Nations do well (excepting when playing England of course) and there were lots of great messages from English fans on the Irish and Welsh successes. It doesnt seem to be reciprocated and there is a lot of the Anyone But England mentality.There will always be good humoured joshing and one upmanship (I paricularly liked the flood warnings in force in the border regions as the scottish and welsh are pissing themselves so much) but surley we should all wish each other well.
I for one really hope the Welsh continue to do well in the competition, even though they now have bragging rights for at least the next 2 years.
So Good Luck to the Wales team against Belgium , I hope the Welsh supporters have a great time cheering thier team on, and hope any English Supporters still in France lend there voices to the Welsh support

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Isnt it a shame that the English defeat was celebrated so enthusiastically by the Welsh team., I know there are exceptions, but the vast majority of English people genuinley want to see the other Home Nations do well (excepting when playing England of course) and there were lots of great messages from English fans on the Irish and Welsh successes. It doesnt seem to be reciprocated and there is a lot of the Anyone But England mentality.There will always be good humoured joshing and one upmanship (I paricularly liked the flood warnings in force in the border regions as the scottish and welsh are pissing themselves so much) but surley we should all wish each other well.
I for one really hope the Welsh continue to do well in the competition, even though they now have bragging rights for at least the next 2 years.
So Good Luck to the Wales team against Belgium , I hope the Welsh supporters have a great time cheering thier team on, and hope any English Supporters still in France lend there voices to the Welsh support

Welsh supporters:sheep:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Does that mean that Wales are officially BRITISH now? Same as Andy Murray is when he reaches the quarter finals of a Grand Slam?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

That used to be the case, It isn't anymore. WTF is wrong with people like you ?? You SAW the way the Welsh team celebrated the Iceland goals , the home nations laugh at people like you with your happy clappy "football family" bollocks.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I always like to see the other UK & Rep Ire teams do well. That said, my team of choice from the last 8 will be Iceland. A team that seemed devoid of any player that I could have a reason to dislike. The fans seem pretty good too - and that slow clap/chant thing that sounds like a train - that was summat else!

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
That used to be the case, It isn't anymore. WTF is wrong with people like you ?? You SAW the way the Welsh team celebrated the Iceland goals , the home nations laugh at people like you with your happy clappy "football family" bollocks.

that was my point, the way they celebrated, if people laugh at me and my happy clappy bollocks so be it. i actually dont think there is anything wrong with me, i would much prefer it to be England in the quarter finals than Wales, but I certainly am not going to be celebrating in the way the Wesh Players were when they eventually lose.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
As my Scotch mate would say "Get tae fock".

For 90 minutes I wish nothing but abject humiliation to Wales & Scotland.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Isnt it a shame that the English defeat was celebrated so enthusiastically by the Welsh team., I know there are exceptions, but the vast majority of English people genuinley want to see the other Home Nations do well (excepting when playing England of course) and there were lots of great messages from English fans on the Irish and Welsh successes. It doesnt seem to be reciprocated and there is a lot of the Anyone But England mentality.
Chips on shoulders. C'est la vie.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The only home nation I ever support is Northern Ireland.

Having seen the video of the Welsh players celebrating Iceland's win last night, I absolutely hope Belgium thrash them. I want Belgium to do to them what New Zealand do their rugby team - crush them. I want Robbie Savage to be crying.

Just because they beat Slovakia, Russia and Northern Ireland they seem to think they're world beaters. They're not. They're just like England, who they lost against, except they've got Gareth Bale and Charlotte Jackson from Sky Sports News as their managers wife.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here