Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kicking the habit

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Smoking is bad for you, drinking is bad for you and following the England football team is bad for you.

We know that the next three tournaments will be in Russia, then a Europe-wide 2020 Euros, then Qatar. Two of the tournaments are immoral, all three will be sh1t. The combination of brain-dead football, sh1t tournament venues, corrupt FIFA and the clueless FA have made me think I need to kick the England habit now.

Is anybody else going to stop watching England?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Last night is the last time I spend money, either match ticket at Wembley or beer in the pub as I did last night, on England.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Smoking is bad for you, drinking is bad for you and following the England football team is bad for you.

We know that the next three tournaments will be in Russia, then a Europe-wide 2020 Euros, then Qatar. Two of the tournaments are immoral, all three will be sh1t. The combination of brain-dead football, sh1t tournament venues, corrupt FIFA and the clueless FA have made me think I need to kick the England habit now.

I think England will be far easier to give up than drinks and drugs and smoking

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

I didn't watch any of the qualifiers this time, so was rather looking forward to watching them this tournament. That went well....

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm disengaging from the whole lot (not just England, but International football as a whole) once the new qualifiers start. I'll start up again after Russia is done.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I'll feel apathetic for a bit, refuse to watch the qualifiers but when the tournament comes around, like when you're down the pub with a pint and someone offers you a fag, it's hard to say no.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

I find patches work best..... One over each eye.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Stopped watching the side anywhere but at home a long time ago abd only saw two full ganes this tournament. It's not the lack of success I mind, it's the lack of likeable characters in the squad and the crap that Hodgson has had them playing for the last few years. The football is so bad. I could accept bad football if we played hoofball as I think we'd be at least as successful but trying to outplay teams when we are so shit is just annoying. The misplaced passes last night were a joke and it's because none of the players are comfortable on the ball.

I'm ranting now. Bye.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think because it's Russia in 2018 it will be hard to get excited by a tournament won by bribery and almost certainly to be beset by violence.

2020 is a disaster waiting to happen - because it is spread across so many European cities then security, travel arrangements and accommodation for the knockout stages promises to be a nightmare.

Then there's Qatar in 2002 - no bars, extreme heat, no football culture, inaccessible location and a tournament that will be corporatized and sanitised to within an inch of its life.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Beauty of this (if you're that way inclined) is that you can slip seamlessly into supporting Wales in the Euros now. What's not to like?

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I will continue to support England weather they are doing well or badly. Just like I supported the Albion when we finished 2nd bottom of the football league two years running.

I thought football fans were supposed to support their team through thick and thin?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here