Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England V Malta- Wembley- October 8th WC QUALIFIER

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Anyone going :lolol:

Our first game back at Wembley after last nights shambles, a real crowd puller Malta in a qualifier to a tournament in Russia where the majority of us don't want it played
Depending who the FA appoint as new manager could see this being the lowest attendance for an England qualifier at Wembley

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
We will win the qualifiers, then freeze and bottle it on the big stage. Standard.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We still get massive crowds even for the minnows. The OLD Wembley used to see some pitiful crowds for qualifiers, around 25,000-35,000 rattling around. There's no way our crowds will dip to that level, even with this miserable bunch of wastrels.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
They'll get a big crowd because of all the good-time-charlies who want to go along for a night out. They'll sell more fizzy drinks and sweeties than beer. Same as FA cup games at the amex.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
There rumours we may boycott and start our own EFTA tournament on an annual basis with Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Little England. I'd say we'd have a reasonable chance

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
We still get massive crowds even for the minnows. The OLD Wembley used to see some pitiful crowds for qualifiers, around 25,000-35,000 rattling around. There's no way our crowds will dip to that level, even with this miserable bunch of wastrels.
I will guess that this Malta game will see no more than 25k.... 5k of those London based Maltese.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I will guess that this Malta game will see no more than 25k.... 5k of those London based Maltese.

Do behave. We got 83,000 for LITHUANIA not long after stinking the last World Cup out.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Malta has more footballers than Iceland! (They're pretty useless though)

A few years ago in Malta I came across something called The Malta Football Yearbook. Was gobsmacked that it was about the size of a housebrick and weighed in at something like 1200 pages. Then I read the flash on the front cover: 'Includes Gozo' :lol:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

50,000+

England fans are loyal folk, and will want to see the first home game of the new managers brave new era.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Will probably try and get to the Scotland game on 11th November

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Bloody hell. We have to play Scotland now?

It's hugely embarrassing seeing England lose to a small, rocky, windswept north Atlantic outpost with a long history of being abysmal at football and a limited collection of professional players low on talent but high on enthusiasm. Honestly: we'd better get three points in that one.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A few years ago in Malta I came across something called The Malta Football Yearbook. Was gobsmacked that it was about the size of a housebrick and weighed in at something like 1200 pages. Then I read the flash on the front cover: 'Includes Gozo' :lol:

The bad guy from Ghostbusters? Who knew?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Will probably still see 70-80k there. All paying between £40-80 for a ticket and about £100 a head overall for the day.

Because of that the FA will think everything is rosy and not worry too much about anything else

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here