Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sadly, I don't care any more.......

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I chuckled at the Icelandic equaliser, I laughed out loud and clapped as they took the lead, in the full expectation that England, my England, would beat the pesky Viking types as the game went on.

I have watched England both home and away, not as much as many but more than most. I have rejoiced at our occasional victory snatched from the jaws etc, more often I have despaired at our inability to perform on the big stage. Sometimes I have cried, other times I have not behaved as well as I should have done, sorry.

Tonight? I am shocked, shocked that I could not really care. My love for this country, and particularly our football team, is gone. We really do have a culture of self gratification, of 'I am worth it', and much of it stems from our obsession with football, especially the Premier League. Money, celebrity, fame, beauty, and further down the line a flash motor, the biggest TV possible, and that oh so necessary designer clobber.

But to be more accurate, it is not about football, it is about our culture. The one where we as a country believe that we are better than the rest, better than Europe, that we can take on the world and win. As a nation we have voted for Brexit, cos we know best. Fxxk the French/Germans and the refugees, fxxk the fact that every economic expert said don't do it, fxxk everyone that dares not to have the Bulldog Bobby attitude.

Yeah, I am still whinging about the referendum, but I accept the decision. I am just gutted that my opinion of everything England is now so jaundiced. There really is no reason for pride in our country anymore.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I chuckled at the Icelandic equaliser, I laughed out loud and clapped as they took the lead, in the full expectation that England, my England, would beat the pesky Viking types as the game went on.

I have watched England both home and away, not as much as many but more than most. I have rejoiced at our occasional victory snatched from the jaws etc, more often I have despaired at our inability to perform on the big stage. Sometimes I have cried, other times I have not behaved as well as I should have done, sorry.

Tonight? I am shocked, shocked that I could not really care. My love for this country, and particularly our football team, is gone. We really do have a culture of self gratification, of 'I am worth it', and much of it stems from our obsession with football, especially the Premier League. Money, celebrity, fame, beauty, and further down the line a flash motor, the biggest TV possible, and that oh so necessary designer clobber.

But to be more accurate, it is not about football, it is about our culture. The one where we as a country believe that we are better than the rest, better than Europe, that we can take on the world and win. As a nation we have voted for Brexit, cos we know best. Fxxk the French/Germans and the refugees, fxxk the fact that every economic expert said don't do it, fxxk everyone that dares not to have the Bulldog Bobby attitude.

Yeah, I am still whinging about the referendum, but I accept the decision. I am just gutted that my opinion of everything England is now so jaundiced. There really is no reason for pride in our country anymore.

The only thing wrong about our country are snivelling wet wipes such as yourself.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Have to say the feelings about the referendum have meant I am only slightly annoyed by England's exit whereas normally I would be kicking the proverbial cat!!

wokingone

Jul 15, 2003
Exeter

Sadly I couldn't agree more. I woke up embarrassed and ashamed last Friday and feel more so tonight. it is going to take me a long time to rebuild any pride in this country...

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
For years I convinced myself that we just needed a little luck, we would lose on penalties, have goals disallowed, get beaten by a freak lob etc.I thought we had a strong team this time, and let myself be positive again.

But tonight was a new low, abject, disgraceful.

At the moment I don't even care.

Bring on the Albion, can't wait to see a team with passion again.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
What a bizarre 4 days.

It's like a parallel universe, where being English is a bit shit.

Except it's real....

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

This result, our worst since losing to a hungover, amateur USA team in 1950, just sums up this country - a joke. An international pariah.

Full time score from Nice: Little Iceland 2-1 Little England 1

Welcome to the future. We are pathetic!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
We are an international embarrassment and our football team did us proud tonight in showing the world that.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I am a fool.
I gave up on England a long time ago, but i always seem to tune in, more in hope than expectation, i told friends that they always let us down when it really matters and they will do it again, and took a load of flak for saying it, but sadly i have been proved right again.
Along with our cavemen, chair luzzing fans and the refer****dum this is a very sad time to be English,again.

I am still totally bewildered by the selection tonight, he went back to the players and system that did not work earlier and made more terrible substitutions.
And on top of this he and the players are protected from the media to get the slating they deserve.
I raelly do give up this time, my piss has well and truly boiled.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Well said, probably your best ever post, you've summed up the feelings of many, many thousands tonight.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Personally I thought England's performance reminded me of some remainers attitudes since the vote .... gutless, little or no self belief , lack of passion for the shirt, etc etc

:p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here