Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Here they come.....get ready for the roar!!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Sue Barkers immortal words annually as the Wimbledon Championships starts again in earnets at the All England Club. Probably the highlight of most sporting fans summers annually, should be a good one this year. Womens draw looks wide open, hoping for a big fortnight for Konta. In the mens draw can't see past a Murray/Djok final but with home support roaring him on I reckon Andy can topple him this time.

:O:

:clap:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Sue Barkers immortal words annually as the Wimbledon Championships starts again in earnets at the All England Club. Probably the highlight of most sporting fans summers annually, should be a good one this year. Womens draw looks wide open, hoping for a big fortnight for Konta. In the mens draw can't see past a Murray/Djok final but with home support roaring him on I reckon Andy can topple him this time.

Bitterly disappointed in you, Crodo. You've let us down.

attachment.php

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I thought a raft of new signings was being announced :nono:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Great battlng display by James Ward, showed great grit and determination but not enough against the superhuman Djokovic.

:ohmy:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I hope [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] picks up on this thread, as I always look forward to his annual rants about the Wimbledon crowd.

Especially when it comes to his views on the all-round hilarity that ensues when a pigeon lands on a court.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'm going this year. They will be my first visits - on the bucket list, so it has to be done.

el punal

Is it possible to buy Wimbledon Earnets at the souvenir shop? They would look good with the towel and wristbands.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Biggest day of young Marcus Willis' life today, lets hope the Center Court audience get right behind him and he doesn't disgrace himself.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Biggest day of young Marcus Willis' life today, lets hope the Center Court audience get right behind him and he doesn't disgrace himself.

Center Court? Has Wimbledon moved across the Atlantic to avoid the Brexit fallout?

I can never get over my youthful antipathy for Wimbledon when the BBC used to share coverage between the test match and the tennis and invariably missed the key session of the day at Lords or wherever in order to show Billy Jean beating up on some poor no-hoper.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Are these two in the crowd?

fkwits.jpg

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Good effort from Willis, should be proud of his efforts. Andy back in action today.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Got bored watching Del Potro v Wawrinka on BBC1 so giving BBC2 a try with Venus Williams v Kasatkina but starting to get a bit pissed off with Williams' screaming noises. I thought there were rules in place about this.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Novak Djokovic trailing 2 sets to love to former Queens Club winner Sam Querrey when the rains came and suspended play for the rest of the day. No roof on Court 1 yet so he may yet turn it round tomorrow.

Great win for Juan Martin Del Potro earlier against Stan Wawrinka. He made the semis in 2013 and lost out in a classic to Djokovic, but he has spent most of the last 3 years injured with various surgeries required on his wrist and he came close to quitting altogether. Big win for him against the number 4 seed in his first Grand Slam tournament for nearly 2 years. Before his injuries he was a really classy player.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Because of the bad weather this week, there is going to be play on the middle Sunday for the first time since 2004. All tickets go on sale on the day.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here