Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading Festival - can you re-sell tickets?

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
Moving away from politics...

I have stupidly bought a couple of day tickets for Reading festival on the Saturday, not realising that it may clash with the football season. Unfortunately for me when the fixtures came out it's Newcastle away that day so I am looking to sell up.

Anyway does anyone know the legalities of selling on the tickets online? I have had a look on Viagogo and day tickets are going for well over GBP100 on there (despite the event not being sold out yet). Is there going to be a problem putting mine up on there? I only want to get back what I paid for them (60ish each).

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

I have stupidly bought a couple of day tickets for Reading festival on the Saturday, not realising that it may clash with the football season. Unfortunately for me when the fixtures came out it's Newcastle away that day so I am looking to sell up.

Anyway does anyone know the legalities of selling on the tickets online? I have had a look on Viagogo and day tickets are going for well over GBP100 on there (despite the event not being sold out yet). Is there going to be a problem putting mine up on there? I only want to get back what I paid for them (60ish each).

Go to the festy, Enjoy some music and downtime :)

Should be fine selling them. My friend missed out on buying a Saturday ticket last year after they had sold out, but managed to get one for face value on ebay not long after.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Will they not buy them back and then resell? I am sure I saw something int he Reading press a few years ago that said they were going to start name checking the tickets to avoid too many people flooding the town without any tickets

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Perfectly legal as far as I'm aware. I've used Stubhub, Viagogo, GetmeIn to buy and sell tickets several times.

Things to bare in mind......

Commission added by the site you sell them on. I sold the roses tickets I had last the other week on stubhub and their commission was about 12% if memory recalls.
They'll pay the delivery costs which is normally a courier (DHL I think) as well if they are paper tickets so factor that in to how much you set your price at. If it's print at home tickets and you have them to hand you can just upload the pdf and the buyer just downloads them.
You won't get paid out until after the event though. If that's an issue and seeing as you are selling at face I'd personally use VibeTickets or Twickets.

If you are coming well under what others are charging they should sell pretty much straight away I would have thought.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
Perfectly legal as far as I'm aware. I've used Stubhub, Viagogo, GetmeIn to buy and sell tickets several times.

Things to bare in mind......

Commission added by the site you sell them on. I sold the roses tickets I had last the other week on stubhub and their commission was about 12% if memory recalls.
They'll pay the delivery costs which is normally a courier (DHL I think) as well if they are paper tickets so factor that in to how much you set your price at. If it's print at home tickets and you have them to hand you can just upload the pdf and the buyer just downloads them.
You won't get paid out until after the event though. If that's an issue and seeing as you are selling at face I'd personally use VibeTickets or Twickets.

If you are coming well under what others are charging they should sell pretty much straight away I would have thought.

Thanks for the info. I think I will wait until the TV games are announced for that weekend then sell up if there is a clash.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here