Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Beatles ARE BACK

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
A new documentary film about their touring days from Ron Howard called 'Eight Days a Week' is teleased in cinemas in September.
The film has been made with the cooperation of Paul Ringo and the estates of John and George.

Will this see the re-release of live at the Hollywood Bowl

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
2vtpf09.jpg

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
We attended the world premier of '8 Days a Week' last night in Malaga. Shown simultaneously throughout the world the first hour comprised of the guests arriving and being interviewed in Leicester Sq. The film itself is quite remarkable, the footage obtained [much never viewed before], the sheer quality of the Beatles music, and the impact it made over the whole world in such a short time. This was of course without social media/24hr. news tranmissions, it was just raw talent and the power, in those days, of the radio.

Do see the film if you can, see how The Beatles helped break down the apartheid barriers in the Jacksonville, see a little of the 1960's social history, it's a wonderful 2 hours.

Oh....and don't walk out when the credits play, because after they do you are treated to a full 30 mins of the Shea Stadium - New York 1964 concert. The sound track has been lifted, converted to 4G, remastered and mixed at Abbey Road so you can hear just how good they were 'live'. Just as well because when I saw them at The Hippodrome it was just screaming girls!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
paul has changed somewhat then it was us,us,us,now its me,me,me

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
We attended the world premier of '8 Days a Week' last night in Malaga. Shown simultaneously throughout the world the first hour comprised of the guests arriving and being interviewed in Leicester Sq. The film itself is quite remarkable, the footage obtained [much never viewed before], the sheer quality of the Beatles music, and the impact it made over the whole world in such a short time. This was of course without social media/24hr. news tranmissions, it was just raw talent and the power, in those days, of the radio.

Do see the film if you can, see how The Beatles helped break down the apartheid barriers in the Jacksonville, see a little of the 1960's social history, it's a wonderful 2 hours.

Amazing that George Martin's son edited the sound.

Oh....and don't walk out when the credits play, because after they do you are treated to a full 30 mins of the Shea Stadium - New York 1964 concert. The sound track has been lifted, converted to 4G, remastered and mixed at Abbey Road so you can hear just how good they were 'live'. Just as well because when I saw them at The Hippodrome it was just screaming girls!

We saw it here in Malta.
Fantastic film. Bit sad to see Yoko being interviewed when she really doesn't seem to know what's happening.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
paul has changed somewhat then it was us,us,us,now its me,me,me

Did you see the film?

He was talking a lot about John and their songwriting and that they were real good mates. Didn't get that impression.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Thanks for the heads up on staying after the credits the film sounds great. Even better if they have been able to mute the screaming and jyst let the music speak.
How things have changed 30 minutes at the Hollywood Bowl and the other week Springsteen played 2 shows of 4 hours.
But the magic and the history in those 30 minutes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Can also recommend The Bootleg Beatles - they put on a fabulous show. This new film sounds interesting though - I will certainly look out for it.

I went to one of their gigs at the Brighton centre, nearly two years ago. They are brilliant.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Did you see the film?

He was talking a lot about John and their songwriting and that they were real good mates. Didn't get that impression.

when its about I will watch it
but have been with them since it started ..............................and not the impession I have ever got
the impression at the start was it was all about all four ...but since they split it does seem to me all about paul

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Not as exotic as Malaga or Malta, but I saw it in Crawley last night and it was wonderful. Don't know what the score is with it being shown again, or being released on DVD/Blu, but hope it happens soon. The Shea Stadium concert looked and sounded great! A really nice transfer to 4K. Hope it appears as an extra on the home release of this.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Can also recommend The Bootleg Beatles - they put on a fabulous show. This new film sounds interesting though - I will certainly look out for it.

They are doing a gig next year at the Royal Albert Hall with the Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra for the 50th anniversary of Pepper. They are doing the whole album and some other stuff. Can't wait. I was lucky enough to see the Abbey Road Sessions there in April - too bad it was shelved almost straight away as it was a brilliant performance.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
but have been with them since it started ..............................and not the impession I have ever got
the impression at the start was it was all about all four ...but since they split it does seem to me all about paul

I saw Paul in concert in 2003, and he talked about the others, paying tribute to John & George with their songs.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

But two of them are dead and Ringo was not a major contributor ever. So not a surprise really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here