Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yeovil for a night out?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Try Siberia, it has more going for it.
Yeovil really is one of those places I would never consider going to unless it's to watch football.
Easy 10's views on Yeovil always make me laugh, he hates the place.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
One of the worst places in England for an away game. I'd never go so far as hoping for a night out there.

A nightmare to get to: whether by train or road, it takes a ridiculous length of time to get there. I seem to recall it took two of NSC's west country residents a three hour rail trip (with no delays) when they were coming from Bristol, in the same poxy COUNTY. The rest of us took about four or five hours. The main station in Yeovil for those travelling from London isn't even in the town, it's in a crap village outside, and you either have to get a shoddy little bus or a taxi into Yeovil itself, that's once the ONE train per hour has actually got you there.

The pubs seemed an utter disappointment, the only saving grace being the fact that we were able to buy three pints at the bus station Wetherspoons for six quid. The cider on offer was crap (in the bloody WEST COUNTRY, FFS). And the ground is another monumental hike or taxi ride from the centre of town, to a dismal area surrounded by warehouses and dull new build homes. Jeez, I can't actually think of a single thing to recommend about Yeovil.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Yeovil? Liberal Democrat country. It's political correctness gone completely mad. Need to clear Somerset of johnny foreigner before I'd go there again.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
One of the worst places in England for an away game. I'd never go so far as hoping for a night out there.

A nightmare to get to: whether by train or road, it takes a ridiculous length of time to get there. I seem to recall it took two of NSC's west country residents a three hour rail trip (with no delays) when they were coming from Bristol, in the same poxy COUNTY. The rest of us took about four or five hours. The main station in Yeovil for those travelling from London isn't even in the town, it's in a crap village outside, and you either have to get a shoddy little bus or a taxi into Yeovil itself, that's once the ONE train per hour has actually got you there.

The pubs seemed an utter disappointment, the only saving grace being the fact that we were able to buy three pints at the bus station Wetherspoons for six quid. The cider on offer was crap (in the bloody WEST COUNTRY, FFS). And the ground is another monumental hike or taxi ride from the centre of town, to a dismal area surrounded by warehouses and dull new build homes. Jeez, I can't actually think of a single thing to recommend about Yeovil.

I think that Weatherspoons serving crap cider in Yeovil says more about Weatherspoons than Yeovil after all it is Thatchers country, the rest I agree with.
The only reason I go there for football is because we don't have West Country games anymore unless you include BC and I drive up from Plymouth in about 1 hour 15 minutes.

el punal

The tumbleweed is rather pretty at Yeovil Junction.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Many years ago, during the final Test against Australia in an Ashes home series, I went to Somerset with my other half. I suggested that we popped into Yeovil. "I thought you weren't going to watch the cricket" was the response....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here