Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Raspberry Pi 3

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I have just been bought one as a present and getting to grips what to do with.
Having set it up for Kodi, i believe i now need to download add on for the streaming.
Anyone got one of these and can offer advice and guidance?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I have just been bought one as a present and getting to grips what to do with.
Having set it up for Kodi, i believe i now need to download add on for the streaming.
Anyone got one of these and can offer advice and guidance?
If you have Kodi working on the Pi then you need Kodi advice - the Pi's work is done. Kodi addons are the same regardless of machine it is installed on so have a look at the monster Kodi thread on here.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Looking for advice on the Pi, I want to get one to use solely as an emulator. Maybe add Kodi on as well so I have this in two rooms.

I have never used Linux before and don't know much about the Pi.

Has anyone done this before and also, would it be better to buy the components separately or get a Pi kit for around £50 with case, sd card etc

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Looking for advice on the Pi, I want to get one to use solely as an emulator. Maybe add Kodi on as well so I have this in two rooms.

Has anyone done this before and also, would it be better to buy the components separately or get a Pi kit for around £50 with case, sd card etc

I've just bought my fifth Pi, a zero. FOUR QUID for a computer. Welcome to rip off britain.

Anyway, I digress....

If you're new to it, get a Pi 3 kit. Pi hut do them for £50 (http://thepihut.com/collections/raspberry-pi-kits-and-bundles/products/raspberry-pi-3-starter-kit), you just add monitor/keyboard/mouse.
There's tons of resources/info on the web.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012

I'd get the starter kit myself if you're a newbie so you can get going straight away. Got mine off Amazon which was about the same price you quoted.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Got fed up wit mine and sort of binned in the drawer, can get a number of programs to work with wifi on it except kodi, Kodi will only work with a lan cable with makes using as a media centre a bit shit really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here