Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best New Order album

Best New Order albums (can choose 3 max)

• Movement

Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Power, Corruption and Lies

Votes: 33 35.5%
  • Low-Life

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • Brotherhood

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Technique

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Get Ready

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Republic

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Wiating for the Sirens' Call

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Lost Sirens

• Music Complete

• Total voters

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As I have the privilege of sharing a gym with our Hooky on a regular basis, thought I would let him know what the COOLEST kids in the country think was the best studio album from New Order, (exl

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Nice try!

How long before this thread gets hijacked by Referendum debate/ exchange of insults?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I've gone for Technique, but Fine Time was a load of old tosh. I don't really think they ever did a truly great album as their best work was always done on 12" singles and EP's and the versions of those tracks on the albums always paled in comparison (Round & Round is a good example as is Bizarre Love Triangle).

But Mr Hook will never eclipse the work he did with Joy Division and earlyish New Order and as far as I am concerned, New Order are just another band without him.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
But Mr Hook will never eclipse the work he did with Joy Division and earlyish New Order and as far as I am concerned, New Order are just another band without him.

Before watching last night's Glasto set on the box, which is the first time I've watched them post-Hooky, I'd have been inclined to agree with you. But enjoyed it a lot.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Hooky goes to your GYM? :eek:

That's a bit like learning that Mark E Smith is in your cookery class.

Whilst we are name dropping, if I'd known , I could've asked Lloyd Grossman what his favourite sauce was.
Saw him in a NT property today, complete with that whining voice :)

Anyway Movement is best album by far :)

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I would have to say 'The Best of New Order'.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Whilst we are name dropping, if I'd known , I could've asked Lloyd Grossman what his favourite sauce was.
Saw him in a NT property today, complete with that whining voice :)

Anyway Movement is best album by far :)

Shame - you could have told him that I rate his Puttanesca, although I only buy it if it's on offer. Power, Corruption and Lies is the best album.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
As we discussed previously, El Pres, I don't think Technique saw them at their very peak and I'm going to plump for that but I have a huge soft spot for Low Life and especially because of the first track Love Vigilantes from it where Peter Hook's bass-playing is supreme.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Very difficult to choose as so many good albums. Gone for PC&L because the intro to Age of Consent is my favourite intro ever!

Now that's an entire thread by itself...best intro to a New Order song. You've gone for Age of Consent but there's a good case for True Faith, Thieves Like Us, Subculture, Blue Monday, Bizarre Love Triangle, Round and Round, Every Little Counts....

I'm going for True Faith.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Voted 'Brotherhood' - 'Substance' is the real answer obviously but understand why it's not included :)

edit: And by 'Substance' I mean the double cassette version with 'Bizarre Dub Triangle' and 'Dub Vulture' included :thumbsup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Now that's an entire thread by itself...best intro to a New Order song. You've gone for Age of Consent but there's a good case for True Faith, Thieves Like Us, Subculture, Blue Monday, Bizarre Love Triangle, Round and Round, Every Little Counts....

I'd throw 'The Him' into that mix..........and Cermony...........and Everything's Gone Green, bugger, should not have started this thread!

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1

Oo I like this game. My immediate reaction was any of these

Dreams Never End
Sunrise
Thieves Like Us

Probably Thieves Like Us if pushed. I do like a long intro.

Album: Power Corruption & Lies (this week) albeit the final three song sequence on Technique is quite wonderful.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

For me maybe one of 'Ceremony', 'Procession' and 'Regret'.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Voted 'Brotherhood' - 'Substance' is the real answer obviously but understand why it's not included :)

edit: And by 'Substance' I mean the double cassette version with 'Bizarre Dub Triangle' and 'Dub Vulture' included :thumbsup:

Am I imagining things or is there a different version of 1963 on the original tapes and CD to the re-issues? Right at the end I could swear that the words are slightly different in the later versions to the first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here