Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Euro tourists.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Whilst being away on hols in UK this week, the wife and myself have seen and spoken to a few foreign tourists visiting places where we have been.
Dutch, French and German were amongst them, neither were really phased by what has been happening here in the UK, just glad to be here enjoying themselves.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Whilst being away on hols in UK this week, the wife and myself have seen and spoken to a few foreign tourists visiting places where we have been.
Dutch, French and German were amongst them, neither were really phased by what has been happening here in the UK, just glad to be here enjoying themselves.

They were probably more concerned about the weather, and enjoying the higher exchange rate against the Euro that they are now enjoying.

I/m sure they will still come in the future just to see this green and pleasant land (Its certainly green with all this rain and storms)

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Surely the opposite is true and there will now be proper duty free (like when you go to CI which isn't in the EU).

It was something that I read that Duty free limits will return. 1 litre of spirits, 4 litres of wine, 200 cigarettes & goods/souvenirs to the value of £390. While we remain in the EU the allowances are more generous.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You'll need duty free because your pound won't buy you many euros :lolol:

Didn't get too many before,1.28 back in May I think.Will buy some more when Greece/Italy default next month :)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I came back from a break in Rome last night (Great city but not the cheapest break I've had).

The Italians we spoke to were sorry that we were going.

At Gatwick last night, the Euro was 1.07 and the dollar 1.18 (I appreciate that the airport is the last place you would wish to change currency).

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I came back from a break in Rome last night (Great city but not the cheapest break I've had).

The Italians we spoke to were sorry that we were going.

At Gatwick last night, the Euro was 1.07 and the dollar 1.18 (I appreciate that the airport is the last place you would wish to change currency).

I'm currently in France and to be honest I'm tempted to stay here.

Pistol Pete

Aug 15, 2015
I am sat here next to the pool in Greece at present and have been for a few days, reading the posts and watching news articles but mainly enjoying my holidays. What seems absolutely apparent is that nobody seems to have a clue where we go from here? All I do know is the Europeans I have met don't seem to really care and wish us to leave as quickly as possible shutting the door behind us!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm currently in France and to be honest I'm tempted to stay here.

We came back, late last night, and felt the same way. The French people we know, are quite upset by the decision.

As regards to Euros, we couldn't find an atm working that would give us euros, from early Friday morning. We had to physically go into the bank to get some out for the last two days. The debit card worked at the fuel station ok.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here