Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poll – Which way did you vote and do you want free movement of people

Which way did you vote and do you want free movement of people?

• I voted leave. I want to keep free trade (inc services) and the free movement of people with the EU

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • I voted leave. I don’t want keep free trade and the free movement of people with the EU

Votes: 20 14.8%
  • I voted remain. I want to keep free trade (inc services) and the free movement of people with the EU

Votes: 97 71.9%
  • I voted remain. I don’t want keep free trade and the free movement of people with the EU (confused)

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So the country voted to leave, but what does the country want to do about the trade and the freedom of movement of people within the EU?

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Where the poll?

I voted leave & am happy with the freedom of movement as is, but happy to keep under review of needed. But will want restrictions on any new eu member states

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Would have thought there should be more poll options. Free Trade and Free Movement Of People are two completely separate issues shirley?
They are separate issues, but you tend to get one with the other. We're not going to accept free movement while having no trade, and they're not going to give us free trade without us accepting free movement.

If you can be bothered to type it up with 8 poll options, go for it, and we'll ask the mods to delete this one. If not, shut the **** up and post your ****ing vote you ****ing ****. :wink: :kiss:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Surely the question is will we have a choice? The EU may demand that free movement is a prerequisite of any trade agreement. Just as now we are in a much weaker position to negotiate with the US and, assuming they will seek the same terms with us as they are with the EU and Pacific Rim countries, will we be in a position to exclude healthcare?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Surely the question is will we have a choice? The EU may demand that free movement is a prerequisite of any trade agreement. Just as now we are in a much weaker position to negotiate with the US and, assuming they will seek the same terms with us as they are with the EU and Pacific Rim countries, will we be in a position to exclude healthcare?

I think the point of the poll is to perhaps suggest voting in this referendum doesn't mean you'll get what you think you voted for.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think the point of the poll is to perhaps suggest voting in this referendum doesn't mean you'll get what you think you voted for.

I agree. I was just adding another point particularly about TTIP which many people have been complaining about but by leaving we might not have as much say on what terms are imposed!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Surely the question is will we have a choice? The EU may demand that free movement is a prerequisite of any trade agreement.
I'm sure free movement would be a prerequisite of the trade agreement we'd want.

The reason I've posted it is that people are often jumping to the conclusion that the UK have voted against having the free movement of people. Many of our EU friends that live here suddenly feel less welcome than they did on Thursday. I'm am quite sure that most people in this country would like to keep free trade with the EU and accept the free movement of people for that. That's what this poll should show.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the irony is that if the EU was seen to support and enforce its own laws, which state those moving around the EU must have means to support themselves and not burden the state, we may not have had such a reaction against the EU. even when negotiating "the deal" some members kicked up a fuss about benefits being withdrawn, overlooking that members have no right under current law to other members benefits. its almost as if the EU wanted us to leave :shrug:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Looking forward to France giving zero care about stopping refugees through the tunnel

you mean renaging on their obligation to process migrants, or cancelling their bilateral arrangement to process passports there side rather than letting lots of vagrants onto the ferries and trains?

Voted to leave. I would like an immigration policy that we can control and plan. One year we may need 60,000 another year we may need 400,000. We must be able to plan. I would try and put a block on immigrants coming over and seeking work. No good for them and no good for us.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Voted to leave. I would like an immigration policy that we can control and plan. One year we may need 60,000 another year we may need 400,000. We must be able to plan. I would try and put a block on immigrants coming over and seeking work. No good for them and no good for us.

I understand that but it is a two way street. Part of my reason to vote remain was to preserve my right to work and/or live in another EU country. Lots of Brits do.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here