Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brexit and football

fallowfield32

Apr 22, 2016
Apologies if this has already been discussed on other EU related threads - there's too many to read through them all!!

I believe that once we leave the EU then the automatic 'right to live and work' wherever you want to in Europe will be withdrawn. Surely then this will mean that football clubs will no longer be able to buy players from the Eurozone unless they meet the standards set for existing non Euro players - i.e. they have to have represented their country ( I believe that that is correct).

What then will be the impact on football clubs that then see the 'pool of talent' getting significantly smaller - I am presuming transfer fees will be inflated with more clubs chasing the same players? Presumably then UK based players transfers will also increase?

Aside from the impacts this could have on BHA - a club with a good track record of bringing in European players - how will the premier league fare? Yes they have the money but where will they spend it?

I will be interested in people's opinions on this as I have not heard this potential impact being discussed......

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
We know how players are assessed, how about managers?

I assume Wenger, Pochitino, Pellegrini, Karanka.....

Wouldn't have achieved enough to get work permits?

Could also have an impact on support staff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here