Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Project Fear or Project Reality?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
1. Pound slumps to 30 year low. (Who's holiday just got a whole lot more expensive?)

2. FTSE drops

3. Negative credit rating announced, economic outlook poor

4. Leave admit free movement within the EU will remain - we won't have anymore control than we already have.

5. Leave admit the £350m won't be going on the NHS

[expand as necessary]

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
6. Nicola Sturgeon states a second Scottish independence referendum is highly likely.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The right choice was made and we will make it happen that I'm sure of.No time for the scared wimps who can't stand the thought of change.Most politicians only worry about themselves and probably were eyeing the EU gravy train hence their bitterness.

Time to knuckle down as I know it will work out far better than if we stayed in this horrible dictatorship which is the EU :)

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
The right choice was made and we will make it happen that I'm sure of.No time for the scared wimps who can't stand the thought of change.Most politicians only worry about themselves and probably were eyeing the EU gravy train hence their bitterness.

Time to knuckle down as I know it will work out far better than if we stayed in this horrible dictatorship which is the EU :)

Dictatorship? In what sense? The EU was more on your side than the Tories...

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
People call Brexiters economically illiterate, meanwhile their main worry when the pound falls is their own holiday getting more expensive.

FTSE actually finished the week UP 2%. Of course people wouldn't know this because nobody is sharing it on Facebook.

Credit ratings of EU countries will be hurt much more than the UK by this news. Does anyone really believe our government is more likely to default?

Free movement of people within the EU will of course remain. We just won't be in the EU anymore.

Nobody thought £350m would go to the NHS, just like nobody thought WW3 would happen.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
6. Nicola Sturgeon states a second Scottish independence referendum is highly likely.
Really can't stand that woman and to be honest Scotland will leave anyway and it really isn't a great loss to us.Times are changing and countries want to be independent and one day ENGLAND will be and Wales will he.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
She isn't even an MP, she is a political hot air balloon that will sink into irrelevance if she doesn't continue talking.

Yes, she's an MSP, Leader of the largest political party in Scotland and First Minister of Scotland.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Really can't stand that woman and to be honest Scotland will leave anyway and it really isn't a great loss to us.Times are changing and countries want to be independent and one day ENGLAND will be and Wales will he.

Do you think we'll ever get round to renewing Trident, currently based in Scotland, that's supposed to be discussed in Westminster this year and if so where's it going to be based? Will an independent little England still be on the UN security council with no nuclear deterrent?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
From an European perspective it is also frightening. European shares ended the day with a higher percentage loss than the FTSE did and the Euro fell heavily against the dollar. This is a Europe we need to trade with whether in or out. Brexit could worsen the recession the world is in. UK (or English and Wales)Interest rate will head towards zero with continued quantitative easing and the economy will stagnate. The next problem is quantitative easing is not finite.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

How do you know? It seems to me it is a leap of blind faith.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
People call Brexiters economically illiterate, meanwhile their main worry when the pound falls is their own holiday getting more expensive.

FTSE actually finished the week UP 2%. Of course people wouldn't know this because nobody is sharing it on Facebook.

Credit ratings of EU countries will be hurt much more than the UK by this news. Does anyone really believe our government is more likely to default?

Free movement of people within the EU will of course remain. We just won't be in the EU anymore.

Nobody thought £350m would go to the NHS, just like nobody thought WW3 would happen.

My main worry is my holiday getting more expensive? As opposed to lower purchasing power which makes the cost of living even higher? You're sure right, mate.

http://uk.investing.com/indices/uk-100 it closed up, now trading low. Nice.
FTSE250 http://uk.investing.com/indices/uk-250 Down again
Why would credit ratings of EU members drop and hurt them more? Which EU members are more like to default (they can't due to mechanisms in place), may want to back this point up. Sounds like it's pulled from your backside.
Clearly people did think the money would go on the NHS. Also, it's not even £350m.

Yes, she's an MSP, Leader of the largest political party in Scotland and First Minister of Scotland.

Don't be telling people facts, it hurts their feelings.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Dictatorship? In what sense? The EU was more on your side than the Tories...
Any organisation that doesn't listen and won't change its policies for the better is not a good thing.
To be frank I've not really seen any difference with the EU policies since I've been working although the EU has good and bad policies no doubt.
Can't control your own borders
You can only fish for 20% in your own waters etc
These are basic rights of your country and although it seems they give you rights in work I do think modern day Britain will
rubber stamp most of these policies anyway.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
1. Pound slumps to 30 year low. (Who's holiday just got a whole lot more expensive?)

2. FTSE drops

3. Negative credit rating announced, economic outlook poor

4. Leave admit free movement within the EU will remain - we won't have anymore control than we already have.

5. Leave admit the £350m won't be going on the NHS

[expand as necessary]

project short termism it appears. the pound has fallen a fair bit, though not as much as some said, there is an up side there for export, we'll see how that works out. but the FTSE drop is within the year's trading range. negative credit rating is near meaningless when our Gilts are yeilding at historic lows. free movement and end to EU budget payments arent going to happen the next day. ive said all along nothing changes 24th June,, it will take months and years to see the real affect. by then you would have a european recession or other economic downturn to factor in, it would be wrong to attribute everything to Brexit but it will be. what we hopfully we get is a new chancellor with a set of actual policies to achieve growth within the country and promote business on a worldwide basis.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Do you think we'll ever get round to renewing Trident, currently based in Scotland, that's supposed to be discussed in Westminster this year and if so where's it going to be based? Will an independent little England still be on the UN security council with no nuclear deterrent?

Such a shame England is land locked with no ability to house such a thing.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
project short termism it appears. the pound has fallen a fair bit, though not as much as some said, there is an up side there for export, we'll see how that works out. but the FTSE drop is within the year's trading range. negative credit rating is near meaningless when our Gilts are yeilding at historic lows. free movement and end to EU budget payments arent going to happen the next day. ive said all along nothing changes 24th June,, it will take months and years to see the real affect. by then you would have a european recession or other economic downturn to factor in, it would be wrong to attribute everything to Brexit but it will be. what we hopfully we get is a new chancellor with a set of actual policies to achieve growth within the country and promote business on a worldwide basis.

You mention exports but for some strange reason fail to mention that imports become more expensive that fuel costs rise.
Also for thw FTSE how many financial shares finished at 12 month lows yesterday.
Beware the one eyed monster

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Such a shame England is land locked with no ability to house such a thing.

How much would a new base, that realistically could only be built on the Cumbrian coast, as the warheads can't be stored in a populated area, plus the submarines need a deep water port, so dredging would be needed, cost on top of renewal?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here