Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Scotland a nation of serial losers

Whosh51

Aug 27, 2014
Consistently fail to qualify for World Cups, Euros, Six nations, referendums and now want another one.
Just don't know when to call it a day.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Scotland have just had two referendums and on both occasions they have voted to stay united. I don't see why they need a third.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Because if they win anything a shed load of english people wet themselves and claim they are British not Scottish

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Scotland. Troublesome but inspiring nation. Sturgeon agitating for another referendum. Separation from the UK and into the arms of the EU.
So let's examine that. Independent right now. You have your own economy Scotland. Oil price still very low. Shipyards running very slow. What other economy do you have? Fishing. Ok share your waters with Scandinavian and Icelandic trawlers. Crofting, sheep farming and Aberdeen beef. Large income is it? Raise your own taxes, pay for your own universities, schools and health care. Set all your own laws (subject to EU approval) on your own, however NO financial help from any other UK nation. Seems you want to swap the teat you suckle from. You want to be like Poland I guess, a beneficiary. Like a tart always looking for someone to support you. I guess you don't mind sucking from either Romulous or Remus because you don't need a teat, just subjugation to financial masters. Terrible.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Scotland. Troublesome but inspiring nation. Sturgeon agitating for another referendum. Separation from the UK and into the arms of the EU.
So let's examine that. Independent right now. You have your own economy Scotland. Oil price still very low. Shipyards running very slow. What other economy do you have? Fishing. Ok share your waters with Scandinavian and Icelandic trawlers. Crofting, sheep farming and Aberdeen beef. Large income is it? Raise your own taxes, pay for your own universities, schools and health care. Set all your own laws (subject to EU approval) on your own, however NO financial help from any other UK nation. Seems you want to swap the teat you suckle from. You want to be like Poland I guess, a beneficiary. Like a tart always looking for someone to support you. I guess you don't mind sucking from either Romulous or Remus because you don't need a teat, just subjugation to financial masters. Terrible.

They will have more ships to build......new UK merchant ships..

Dec 29, 2011

If Scotland went it alone they'd do great. In twenty years Scotland will be considered a better place to live than England, mark my words. I would be able to say 'I told you so' but you'd probably be dead like most the other pensioners who voted leave.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Good luck to them if they go alone, with their progressive vision of their future working alongside fellow europeans.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Would Scotland even be able to pay the membership fee or get accepted into the EU? (Serious question, I haven't really looked in to it)

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Consistently fail to qualify for World Cups, Euros, Six nations, referendums and now want another one.
Just don't know when to call it a day.

WOW - What a statement. What a heading for a thread. Then you wonder why some of them want Independence. Not all I grant you but when people make such comments, if they were made about yourselves I think some would quite rightly take offence.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
When I lived in Scotland, the jocks (not in a racist way, of course) used to hilariously joke, "What is the best thing that comes out of England" - answer - "The road to Scotland", then heaps of jollity and back-slapping. Pointing out it was actually the subsidies from England that travelled up that road generally didn't go down well - truth hurts and all that.

Some of the silly sods still believe they won the Wold Cu in 1967... ... ... ...

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Given their GDP I think they would net gain from the EU, rather than pay.

Yes, as I said, which you ignored.

You want to be like Poland I guess, a beneficiary. Like a tart always looking for someone to support you. I guess you don't mind sucking from either Romulous or Remus because you don't need a teat, just subjugation to financial masters. Terrible.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
If Scotland went it alone they'd do great. In twenty years Scotland will be considered a better place to live than England, mark my words. I would be able to say 'I told you so' but you'd probably be dead like most the other pensioners who voted leave.
You are, quite simply delusional , but a nasty , spiteful childish tosser with it.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
WOW - What a statement. What a heading for a thread. Then you wonder why some of them want Independence. Not all I grant you but when people make such comments, if they were made about yourselves I think some would quite rightly take offence.
Oh do f*ck off, slagging the english off is a national sport for you lot, you just dont like getting it back.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Reading these threads since The Referendum is really quite depressing, it seems to have bought out the very worst in people. Isn't it possible to disagree without slagging each other off? God help us if this is where it's all going, bearing in mind it's only just kicked off. Incidently I don't blame Scotland for seeking independence considering their huge democratic support to stay in Europe. We (English) would be pretty pizzed off if we'd wanted to stay in Europe but needed to follow the Scots.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Would Scotland even be able to pay the membership fee or get accepted into the EU? (Serious question, I haven't really looked in to it)

Cyprus managed it as did a number of smaller nations (smaller by population). Their (Scotland's) membership fee would be proportionate wouldn't it?

Acceptance will be a lengthy process as a stand alone sovereign nation-that's what they were told during their referendum wasn't it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here