Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Morgan Stanley begins move away from London

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wasting no time at all, Morgan Stanley have already started their flight from London with 2000 jobs moving to Dublin and/or Frankfurt.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Wasting no time at all, Morgan Stanley have already started their flight from London with 2000 jobs moving to Dublin and/or Frankfurt.

There are a lot of banks who have been planning for this. One I've heard is looking at up to 5k moving to France, or Germany

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
The first, but will certainly not be the last. There are people worse off than Morgan Stanley employees, but, like them or loathe them, financial services companies employ lots and lots of people and pay a hefty amount of tax. London is going to come under real pressure as a financial centre and jobs will go.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Should feel right at home in Frankfurt.Global stain on the finance world,so deeply corrupt.Yes,Mr. Smuggins I do know someone who works there!

Last edited:

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
And so it begins. Anyone thinking that this is good news needs to understand how much the FS prop up much of the UK. Once that goes, and it's not an if, it's a when, the paltry sum of £350m a day will seem like a ****ing good idea.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
And so it begins. Anyone thinking that this is good news needs to understand how much the FS prop up much of the UK. Once that goes, and it's not an if, it's a when, the paltry sum of £350m a day will seem like a ****ing good idea.

Masters Of Nothing such as Morgan Stanley nicked your nan's pension as surely as if they'd mugged her coming out of the post office.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
They are MOVING jobs,not losing jobs :dunce:

Moving jobs not necessarily the people who do those jobs.

"So we've moved your role to Frankfurt. You can either move or you can quit. What's that? What sort of relocation package are we offering? I'll say it again: you can move or you can quit."

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Do tell us when you lose your job. I wouldn't want to miss out on a smug "Oh well, cheerio" kind of post at your expense.

Don't see much of the spirit of reconciliation and the wish to move forward Together in your post,you sad loser.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Masters Of Nothing such as Morgan Stanley nicked your nan's pension as surely as if they'd mugged her coming out of the post office.
No they didnt, Gordon Brown and his raid on tax relief did that.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Moving jobs not necessarily the people who do those jobs.

"So we've moved your role to Frankfurt. You can either move or you can quit. What's that? What sort of relocation package are we offering? I'll say it again: you can move or you can quit."

Well it's a good job it's easy to move jobs within the EU. Oh, wait....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here