Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What now for Nigel Farage?

Personally I disagreed with him and voted to remain but you have to admit that without him we would probably never have had the referendum (a good thing you might say, but I couldn't possibly comment)

Many years back, pretty well single handedly, he started banging on about leaving the EU and now it is happening. He deserves credit for his persistence and reading of the feeling of a large proportion of the electorate, even though you may disagree with him, maybe even strongly.

Under normal circumstances someone who campaigned and won like he did would get a least a cabinet post in the next Government.

But I doubt he will.

There's bound to be a general election soon, probably before the end of the year or at the latest early next year. Whoever becomes the next Tory leader, most likely Boris allthough not necessarily - the party activists love him but many MP's aren't over keen - will need to go to the country to get their mandate rubberstamped. Especially with the Labour party not exactly electable, what has has the new leader got to lose?

Even if there isn't an general election there will certainly be a new PM and he or she will appoint a new cabinet. probably without Nigel Farage; he's in a different party and isn't even an MP at the moment. OK, he may well get a seat in Parliament but will people still vote for him now the main reason for doing so has now gone away?

Maybe his best chance is if there is an election and a hung parliament - which I don't think will happen but then I didn't think we'd leave - and Boris or whoever needs his support for a coalition. But again, will UKIP get several MP's now the whole reason for voting for them has pretty well disapearead?

I suspect our Nige will end up spending more time with his family. And will probably be royally pissed off and resentful of the unfairness of life. (Nigel Farage that is, not his family)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Reckon somebody might make a human version of this Spitting Image puppet.

Looks like i will be driving you to the Scottish border very soon. I won't ask for petrol money mate.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well now he has effectively made himself redundant as an MEP how will he survive without the huge, generous expense account ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As said elsewhere I'm beginning to think he's the greatest political mind of the 21st century.

Before the general election he's singlehandedly pushed the labour party even further to the right.
The consequence of that was was a massive reaction back to and then beyond the left.

While all this was going on he alienated the centre of the Conservatives, which has now broken that party at a time of no recognisable opposition.

He's claiming the win for an organisation he didn't actually represent.
While distancing himself from "their mistakes".

All this on the back of being told to 'fook off' every time he has stood in front of the UK electorate and asked them to vote him into parliament.

If he can weasel his way into Westminster it'll be an amazing coup.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Why would the UKIP party need to exist anymore? its succeeded in its aim.

Farage could return to the conservative party if he wants to be an MP again?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I met his wife once and thought she was very nice. Didn't know who her husband was. Hopefully he'll disappear from our television screens - I've had enough of his Mr Toad style buffoonery. He can stay in the saloon bar of his local pub and hold court there, as far as I'm concerned.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There's bound to be a general election soon, probably before the end of the year or at the latest early next year.

Why?

Under the FTPA, there can only be an election before 2020 if a) there's a vote of no confidence in the government and no new one can be formed or b) there's a call by two-thirds of the house to dissolve parliament.

I can't see either happening within the next couple of years

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Well now he has effectively made himself redundant as an MEP how will he survive without the huge, generous expense account ?

If he can walk away from this in one piece then anything is possible for Nigel .:clap2:

Attachments

• n1.jpg
    n1.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 270
  • n2.jpg
    n2.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 273
  • n3.jpg
    n3.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 272

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
He is still an MEP so will continue to trouser tax payers money and do jack shit.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
As said elsewhere I'm beginning to think he's the greatest political mind of the 21st century.

Before the general election he's singlehandedly pushed the labour party even further to the right.
The consequence of that was was a massive reaction back to and then beyond the left.

While all this was going on he alienated the centre of the Conservatives, which has now broken that party at a time of no recognisable opposition.

All this on the back of being told to 'fook off' every time he has stood in front of the UK electorate and asked them to vote him into parliament.

The man is Frank Underwood - I get it now.

But that means he will be PM one day ... ****

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
If someone has a disused Well then that would make a good start.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

Screaming like Alf Garnett does not a political mastermind make.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Whatever he does, can he please, please stop saying 'political correctness gone mad' ever again. If I hear it one more time.....................:angry:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here