Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The EU wants Britain to leave "as soon as possible"

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
"We have rules to deal with this in an orderly way." I bet this sentence was added by a German--ordnung uber alles. :) They will have a lot work to do, moving all the EU financial centres to Frankfurt. Hopefully Warsaw will get its share of London City too - a lot of money to split between.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
See you in Krakow Guy in Oct. Really looking forward to it

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
The reason for this is they are scared stiff other countries will follow our lead if it is not concluded swiftly. And they will.

This is exactly it, I can see this being the start of some uncertain times for the EU.

Not sure how I feel about it all at the moment to be honest, but I am hoping the "big boys" who sit in Westminster start to earn their crust. We need to ensure we start getting things right for this Country and working together, its not going to be easy now, probably another recession, but I do believe the EU was a train crash waiting to happen and we may have jumped off just in time... time will tell.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Watching the Stock Exchanges, our decision has had a fierce knock-on effect World over. And if any of you 'Leave' guys think we can just brush this off, you are beyond naive. We will be punished.
And right on cue, I see Madam Sturgeon has already made it clear we can expect a new 'Scotland Out' referendum poste haste.
I posted this scenario only last week, and it was met with derision by several 'Outers' ... Parte Dieux of my views were that Scotland will then apply for membership to the European Market.......more to follow.
Enjoy your moment. :shrug:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The reason for this is they are scared stiff other countries will follow our lead if it is not concluded swiftly. And they will.

The EU is a house of cards. The Swedes and Danes will probably be next, possibly the Dutch and France is teetering too.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
In all fairness they had to react this way. They need to show firmness and strength in the face of the crisis. Just doing their jobs.

Everyone is welcome, and I hope you will enjoy your stay, Spence. It's going to be a great event.

That's why Dodgy Dave should of activated article 50 which he didn't do because he just can't do it. He can't let go of his and the left United States of Europe dream.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Watching the Stock Exchanges, our decision has had a fierce knock-on effect World over. And if any of you 'Leave' guys think we can just brush this off, you are beyond naive. We will be punished.
And right on cue, I see Madam Sturgeon has already made it clear we can expect a new 'Scotland Out' referendum poste haste.
I posted this scenario only last week, and it was met with derision by several 'Outers' ... Parte Dieux of my views were that Scotland will then apply for membership to the European Market.......more to follow.
Enjoy your moment. :shrug:

I've been watching the stock markets all day. The FTSE 100 fell 8% first thing but has recovered 3/4 of the fall and is now down only 2%, down to where it was just1 week ago. The German and French markets are down 6.4 and 7.4%, much harder hit then the FTSE. The Dow is down 2.6%. So, the markets seem to think a BREXIT is much worse news for Germany and France than it is for the UK.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I've been watching the stock markets all day. The FTSE 100 fell 8% first thing but has recovered 3/4 of the fall and is now down only 2%, down to where it was just1 week ago. The German and French markets are down 6.4 and 7.4%, much harder hit then the FTSE. The Dow is down 2.6%. So, the markets seem to think a BREXIT is much worse news for Germany and France than it is for the UK.

But I thought the sky was supposed to fall in? ???

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
But I thought the sky was supposed to fall in? ???

Im surprised we are all still alive to be honest, all these suicidally depressed remainers need to grow a pair. I knew full well my leave vote would bring on the pain for this country both economically and politically but still think the greater prize of being free of the EU is worth it. This will reshape Britain and Europe for the better in the long term and the sooner the rest of Europe wakes up we can get on with building something better.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
We now expect the United Kingdom government to give effect to this decision of the British people as soon as possible, however painful that process may be. Any delay would unnecessarily prolong uncertainty. We have rules to deal with this in an orderly way.

I was feeling a bit reticent about my leave vote until I started seeing quotes coming out of Brussels.

Again their attitude stinks, leave as soon as possible even if it makes it more painful for both sides!! The referendum isn't legally binding, I hope article 50 is submitted when everyone is good and ready.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here