Page 350 of 356 FirstFirst ... 250300340347348349350351352353 ... LastLast
Results 3,491 to 3,500 of 3551
  1. #3491
    Members Bold Seagull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hove
    Posts
    21,550


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastings gull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, that is true, but as is always the case, millions vote for their traditional party of choice, come what may. I strongly suspect that most like the Labour party, not Corbyn. But it was the activists who won him the leadership -that is the point.
    2 years prior Labour attracted 9m voters. So 4m more people voted Labour (it was 13m in 2017, my bad). Where were this 4m who normally vote for their party of choice? Your argument doesn’t make sense.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #3492
      ESU Zimmer Crew
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Location
      Queen's Park is my garden
      Posts
      12,347


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Publius Ovidius View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Interesting how many middle England voters they have just lost now they are voted to in effect disband private schools( yes I know there is a lot more detail to it)

      Bet Diane abbots next parents meeting will be a bit awks.
      I don't suspect that they have an overwhelming number of supporters among private school devotees.
      Quote Originally Posted by sydney View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Was that when we took Bejams....?
    • #3493
      Members Gritt23's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Meopham, Kent.
      Posts
      14,908


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Lines View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I don't suspect that they have an overwhelming number of supporters among private school devotees.
      "Private School devotees" is there such a thing?

      I went to Private school in the 80's and there was a strong anti-Labour feel back then because the view was that they would try to abolish the school we went to. In hindsight, I think that was pretty unfounded, and I very much doubt that has continued in the intervening years, as it has never seriously been on the agenda, until now.

      But being "devoted" to the Private School system, and therefore a "Private School devotee" is something that I would suggest is just in your imagination. There was a far wider cross-section of people and viewpoints at the school than many would imagine.
      "I looked straight across to Graham Turner and their whole bench was in tears."
    • #3494
      Members Stat Brother's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West west west Sussex
      Posts
      53,183


      1 Not allowed!
      and The Labour Party still won't be able to win an election.


      We is so so screwed.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

      .
    • #3495
      Members Bold Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Hove
      Posts
      21,550


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      and The Labour Party still won't be able to win an election.


      We is so so screwed.
      Which would you rate more likely:
      Labour winning the next election
      Brighton scoring 40+ goals in the PL 19/20.
    • #3496
      Members Stat Brother's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West west west Sussex
      Posts
      53,183


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Which would you rate more likely:
      Labour winning the next election
      Brighton scoring 40+ goals in the PL 19/20.
      I'm staring at that and genuinely believe that's an impossible question.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

      .
    • #3497
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      Faversham
      Posts
      18,898


      1 Not allowed!
      The year before the last US presidential election I predicted Trump would win, that we would vote 'Leave' and that Corbyn would become PM. Posted on NSC somewhere. After Corbyn proceded to fail to correct the IRA smear, allow momentum to take over, allow antisemitism to run rife, and basically disappear from view for weeks on end, I consider that two out of three insane predictions correct ain't bad.

      Right now, however, Corbyn is beginning to look like the clean fresh candidate, the more vigorous man, and (so help me, Lord) a winner. Could it be a hat-trick of absurd predictions?
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA
      It's only them that aren't their targets that love the violent and the madmen
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MLijS6Cstk
    • #3498
      Drew drew's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      16,505


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Lines View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I don't suspect that they have an overwhelming number of supporters among private school devotees.
      They probably never did so they aren't the voters they are going for.
    • #3499
      Members zefarelly's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Sussex, by the sea
      Posts
      7,380


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I'm staring at that and genuinely believe that's an impossible question.
      I immediately thought 40 goals . . . then came to my senses. it's up there with rhyming orange.
      It's all a load of bollocks
    • #3500
      Members Mouldy Boots's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Location
      O U T
      Posts
      11,229


      1 Not allowed!
      I have heard some bullshit from Labour leaders over the years and never have I heard anything like Corbyn's unbelievable, unrealistic economy damaging pledges.
      So, he is going to help the elderly, sick, young and poor, are there any other potential voters out there he could reach with his unrealistic pipe dreams?

      He says he is going to change the country as it has never been seen before.
      That is what Brexit would be doing but for the longterm gain, where he is looking to destroy short term and long term.

      I haven't called people names since going along on this Brexit journey, plenty on here have aimed them at other leavers and me but just look at those Labour supporters watching Marxist Corbyn, their eyes all lit up like little sheep following the shepherd I've never seen so many gullible people in one place at one time I'm sorry to say you're all moronic, stupid, thick, loonies.

      Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Baaaaaaaaaaaah


      If that man gets in he will sink this country into an even bigger recession than 2008, just from memory who took us into that recession and who bailed us out?

      The man is insane.

      GOD HELP THIS COUNTRY IF HE GET'S IN.
      was out on 9,999 but back after special request from Whitechapel.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •