Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Jeremy Corbyn thread

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Interesting how many middle England voters they have just lost now they are voted to in effect disband private schools( yes I know there is a lot more detail to it)

i think middle england wouldnt care much as their kids go to the local comp (or grammar perhaps). it seems a vindicitve cause to chase after, but the left dont like any privilege so understand why. what i dont understand is why they dress up objection as some tax dodgy or subsidy, when the exemptions apply to all education and state education is 100% subsidised.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
It's going to be so much fun watching Labour limp into 3rd place in the next election. So much egg on faces when they realise this country will not accept politics of envy or communism.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes, that is true, but as is always the case, millions vote for their traditional party of choice, come what may. I strongly suspect that most like the Labour party, not Corbyn. But it was the activists who won him the leadership -that is the point.

2 years prior Labour attracted 9m voters. So 4m more people voted Labour (it was 13m in 2017, my bad). Where were this 4m who normally vote for their party of choice? Your argument doesn’t make sense. :shrug:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Interesting how many middle England voters they have just lost now they are voted to in effect disband private schools( yes I know there is a lot more detail to it)

Bet Diane abbots next parents meeting will be a bit awks.

I don't suspect that they have an overwhelming number of supporters among private school devotees.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I don't suspect that they have an overwhelming number of supporters among private school devotees.

"Private School devotees" is there such a thing?

I went to Private school in the 80's and there was a strong anti-Labour feel back then because the view was that they would try to abolish the school we went to. In hindsight, I think that was pretty unfounded, and I very much doubt that has continued in the intervening years, as it has never seriously been on the agenda, until now.

But being "devoted" to the Private School system, and therefore a "Private School devotee" is something that I would suggest is just in your imagination. There was a far wider cross-section of people and viewpoints at the school than many would imagine.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
and The Labour Party still won't be able to win an election.

We is so so screwed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Which would you rate more likely:
Labour winning the next election
Brighton scoring 40+ goals in the PL 19/20.

I'm staring at that and genuinely believe that's an impossible question.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The year before the last US presidential election I predicted Trump would win, that we would vote 'Leave' and that Corbyn would become PM. Posted on NSC somewhere. After Corbyn proceded to fail to correct the IRA smear, allow momentum to take over, allow antisemitism to run rife, and basically disappear from view for weeks on end, I consider that two out of three insane predictions correct ain't bad.

Right now, however, Corbyn is beginning to look like the clean fresh candidate, the more vigorous man, and (so help me, Lord) a winner. Could it be a hat-trick of absurd predictions? ???

D

Deleted member 2719

I have heard some bullshit from Labour leaders over the years and never have I heard anything like Corbyn's unbelievable, unrealistic economy damaging pledges.
So, he is going to help the elderly, sick, young and poor, are there any other potential voters out there he could reach with his unrealistic pipe dreams?

He says he is going to change the country as it has never been seen before.
That is what Brexit would be doing but for the longterm gain, where he is looking to destroy short term and long term.

I haven't called people names since going along on this Brexit journey, plenty on here have aimed them at other leavers and me but just look at those Labour supporters watching Marxist Corbyn, their eyes all lit up like little sheep following the shepherd I've never seen so many gullible people in one place at one time I'm sorry to say you're all moronic, stupid, thick, loonies.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Baaaaaaaaaaaah

If that man gets in he will sink this country into an even bigger recession than 2008, just from memory who took us into that recession and who bailed us out?

The man is insane.

GOD HELP THIS COUNTRY IF HE GET'S IN. :nono::nono::nono:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I have heard some bullshit from Labour leaders over the years and never have I heard anything like Corbyn's unbelievable, unrealistic economy damaging pledges.
So, he is going to help the elderly, sick, young and poor, are there any other potential voters out there he could reach with his unrealistic pipe dreams?

He says he is going to change the country as it has never been seen before.
That is what Brexit would be doing but for the longterm gain, where he is looking to destroy short term and long term.

I haven't called people names since going along on this Brexit journey, plenty on here have aimed them at other leavers and me but just look at those Labour supporters watching Marxist Corbyn, their eyes all lit up like little sheep following the shepherd I've never seen so many gullible people in one place at one time I'm sorry to say you're all moronic, stupid, thick, loonies.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Baaaaaaaaaaaah

If that man gets in he will sink this country into an even bigger recession than 2008, just from memory who took us into that recession and who bailed us out?

The man is insane.

GOD HELP THIS COUNTRY IF HE GET'S IN. :nono::nono::nono:
And the other option is Johnson, sigh

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
The year before the last US presidential election I predicted Trump would win, that we would vote 'Leave' and that Corbyn would become PM. Posted on NSC somewhere. After Corbyn proceded to fail to correct the IRA smear, allow momentum to take over, allow antisemitism to run rife, and basically disappear from view for weeks on end, I consider that two out of three insane predictions correct ain't bad.

Right now, however, Corbyn is beginning to look like the clean fresh candidate, the more vigorous man, and (so help me, Lord) a winner. Could it be a hat-trick of absurd predictions? ???

No he isn’t.

He’s looking like a dinosaur left winger preaching to the converted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

You think ? I thought he looked more like a silly old goat who’s lost control of even his own party........

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What was bizarre for me was how he said, regarding Brexit...

"the Liberal Democrats want to cancel the country’s largest ever democratic vote"​

...before saying...

"Labour will end the Brexit crisis by taking the decision back to the people with the choice of a credible leave deal alongside remain. "​

...which, is doing exactly the same thing.

(I'm a remainer BTW, but the simple hypocrisy was bizarre)

Oh, and I also got very annoyed that he repeatedly said "are" when he should have been saying "our".

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
"Labour will fix the brexit crisis by taking the decision back to the people. Labour is a democratic party that respects the people". What he means is " Labour is a party that cannot and will not make a ****ing decision".

The best thing he can do is resign.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here