Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russian Football Fans

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
I am not an advocate of conspiracy theories but, discussing this over dinner with my son, Russia 'sent' 150 very well prepared football hooligans to Marseilles. They had a prepared attack on English fans both in the city and the ground. Then we hear nothing about them after that. Now assuming that English fans are still the benchmark hoolie in Europe, was this some sort of nationalist propaganda coup by the Russians. Judging by the comments coming out of Russia they were very proud of their supporters being able to give one to the English. The sensible part of me say's that the Russian state would not stoop so low for a bit of pride but.........

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There was talk of this out there after it happened. They were extremely knowledgable, tooled up and I witnessed the French riot police dessert the square about 5mins before they attacked...

I do find it strange that the Met are desperate for footage to be sent, no doubt to issue banning orders to any England fans that dared to defend themselves. Hope no one gives them anything

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
'One hooligan said England fans were "too old, fat and drunk" to put up a decent fight against them.'
That's the conclusion of why the violence started and who was responsible? Mmm.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Sorry I didn't realise I was so late to the party.

Why the flip has there not been more said about the poor sods who got battered. I was around for football in the 70's. I knew what to expect but I now go to a match expecting to be safe.

No need to apologise. I wasn't pointing out that it was "old news". Quite the opposite, that there's possible links between the Russian hooligans and their government. Doesn't bode well for 2 years time. Unless of course the Russian government were in their own way, telling visiting supporters to behave or else!

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
Seeing how well organised they were and wired up with earpieces to co-ordinate their attacks it would seem they may have been a bit more than a bunch of yobs wanting a fight. Maybe they were sent over - possibly military boys. Russia is desperate to show their strength throughout europe (and obviously the world) and maybe this was just a little show of our boys are tougher than yours. Scary times ahead in Europe over the next few years it seems as Russia seek to march in to other countries and take them over.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Seeing how well organised they were and wired up with earpieces to co-ordinate their attacks it would seem they may have been a bit more than a bunch of yobs wanting a fight. Maybe they were sent over - possibly military boys. Russia is desperate to show their strength throughout europe (and obviously the world) and maybe this was just a little show of our boys are tougher than yours. Scary times ahead in Europe over the next few years it seems as Russia seek to march in to other countries and take them over.

Always in the press, there are reported incidents of Russian aircraft testing our response time to intercept by RAF Typhoons :(

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

It's all ok though the EU will sort it out..:lolol:

It's all a chicken and egg scenario......would things be so bad if Nato was not camped right on Russia's front door within countries that have more in common with Russia than Western Europe...

Russia is strengthening in areas that it can match Nato and the Americans.......it's air force is once such area that has seen major technological advances and financial investment..

Russia could be in Paris by the time Nato gets it's act together and that is not a slight on Nato it's the fact that Russia is one nation.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It's all ok though the EU will sort it out..:lolol:

It's all a chicken and egg scenario......would things be so bad if Nato was not camped right on Russia's front door within countries that have more in common with Russia than Western Europe...

Russia is strengthening in areas that it can match Nato and the Americans.......it's air force is once such area that has seen major technological advances and financial investment..

Russia could be in Paris by the time Nato gets it's act together and that is not a slight on Nato it's the fact that Russia is one nation.

I once read they could mobilise 150,000 infantry troops in 3 days. It would NATO 3 months to do the same. Canada's foreign service openly stated the Russians are mobilising for war.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-baltics-troops-russia-1.3635139

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here