Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Once it's all over, are we all going to get along?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes.

The combined intelligence of the UK will have decided.

No one individual mind can claim to possess the definitive correct 'truth' in this issue.

Que Sera Sera, we face the future.

:albion2:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Yes, we are staying. But the EC should not see the vote as an endorsement. Europe, a potentially strong force for good. Bad governance and unaccountability, bad.

I'd like to think that some soul searching will now start. We live in testing times.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The country? I doubt it, unless the majority (either way) is considerably larger than I currently expect. I think today's result will likely lead to real, long-lasting antipathy and discord, which is hardly conducive to consensus politics.

NSC? Let's just say I've been sharpening my special infraction pencil in anticipation of some members being unable to play nicely with the other kids if they lose.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
If you mean NSC, then I can only think of the old joke about the bloke asking 'When the bandages come off, will I be able to play the piano?'

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Yes, we are staying. But the EC should not see the vote as an endorsement. Europe, a potentially strong force for good. Bad governance and unaccountability, bad.

I'd like to think that some soul searching will now start. We live in testing times.

You're fooling yourself if you think there'll be any soul searching amongst the Euro dictators. The will see it as an endorsement to continue screwing us over with the CAP, the fisheries policy, immigration, ever increasing contributions to the weaker economies etc. etc. They will be laughing their heads off in Brussels as they turn the screw.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
You're fooling yourself if you think there'll be any soul searching amongst the Euro dictators. The will see it as an endorsement to continue screwing us over with the CAP, the fisheries policy, immigration, ever increasing contributions to the weaker economies etc. etc. They will be laughing their heads off in Brussels as they turn the screw.

I don't share that view. The only loser here is Brussells. This referendum has damaged the European model as it stands, and, despite the way it was reported as a failure, I am of the opinion that Cameron's February negotiations more than started the ball rolling. Eager eyes are watching elsewhere. I just hope the 'remain' vote may have briefly curbed the onslaught of regressive nationalism in some places.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

I don't share that view. The only loser here is Brussells. This referendum has damaged the European model as it stands, and, despite the way it was reported as a failure, I am of the opinion that Cameron's February negotiations more than started the ball rolling. Eager eyes are watching elsewhere. I just hope the 'remain' vote may have briefly curbed the onslaught of regressive nationalism in some places.

Hey hey guys take it to the other threads. This is a place for serenity.

tumblr_nrjg1azzpC1ub4sb8o1_1280.jpg

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
I think the country will be pretty united. The leader may well get changed, but we'll all be hoping we do well in the World Cup qualifiers.

(Sorry, you were talking about Euro 2016 weren't you?)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I hope so but I fear some people will not let it go. It needs a good majority one way or the other or the bitching will carry on as in the Scottish referendum.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Even if Remain prevails I'm concerned that the undercurrent of barefaced racism underpinned by xenophobia, whilst it is always there, has been brought too close to the surface to be easily ignored for a while at least. I expect it to give us some discomfort for a while with the more vociferous Leave proponents using their time in the limelight to create ongoing problems.
Should Leave prevail then the country I choose to call "mine" will be lost forever.
Not a happy view I'm afraid.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

Not sure about this. I think the European project has stuttered badly since the global crash and the utopia of free movement has been banjaxed by the refugee catastrophe of Syria and the rise of ISIS. Mainland Europe is affected by this more than us - at least we have the channel. The major players know it needs looking at. Our government (whatever colour) should be emboldened to promote and develop the good parts of European Union and fight to amend the bad parts.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here