Elsewhere in the world - The USA is trying (badly) to deal with guns

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh and Trump is in financial trouble.

Gun-control protest sparks chaotic scenes in US Congress:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36598736

By Wednesday evening, some 168 House Democrats (out of 188) and 34 senators (out of 44) were on the floor of the House, some literally sitting on it.
As the protest reached its 10th hour, Mr Ryan tried to restore control with a recess.
He banged his gavel and tried to ignore the outbursts but amid Democrat shouts of "Shame! Shame!" he left the podium.
Democrats began singing "We shall overcome" and held up the names of gun attack victims.
The floor of the House became chaotic, with Republicans and Democrats shouting at each other.
Some Democratic representatives brought in sleeping bags, pillow and blankets, others doughnuts for colleagues.

Donald Trump Starts Summer Push With Crippling Money Deficit

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/21/us/politics/donald-trump-money-campaign.html?_r=1

Just wow

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blokes a raving lunatic , trouble is he has millions of raving lunatic followers .
But without financial backing he's a dead man walking.

He has no money from big business or from the Republican party, who's members are refusing to even talk about him.
After that video even the NRA told Trump to cool it.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
But without financial backing he's a dead man walking.

He has no money from big business or from the Republican party, who's members are refusing to even talk about him.
After that video even the NRA told Trump to cool it.

Isn't he a BILLIONAIRE?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Oh and Trump is in financial trouble.

Gun-control protest sparks chaotic scenes in US Congress:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36598736

By Wednesday evening, some 168 House Democrats (out of 188) and 34 senators (out of 44) were on the floor of the House, some literally sitting on it.
As the protest reached its 10th hour, Mr Ryan tried to restore control with a recess.
He banged his gavel and tried to ignore the outbursts but amid Democrat shouts of "Shame! Shame!" he left the podium.
Democrats began singing "We shall overcome" and held up the names of gun attack victims.
The floor of the House became chaotic, with Republicans and Democrats shouting at each other.
Some Democratic representatives brought in sleeping bags, pillow and blankets, others doughnuts for colleagues.

Donald Trump Starts Summer Push With Crippling Money Deficit

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/21/us/politics/donald-trump-money-campaign.html?_r=1

Just wow

Amazing, If there had " Been people in that club with guns ...." Can you imagine a nightclub where 50% of the clubbers had concealed guns ? it would probably got a whole lot worse very quickly. Sad to see the Americans enshrining their absolute right to kill each other yet again..... There are now about 300 million guns in the US and strangely, the " Good Guys " never seem to be close at hand to stop gun atrocities ? weird that....best answer must be to get more guns then .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Isn't he a BILLIONAIRE?
Who knows.

I was listening to a great interview with Howard Fineman from the Huffington Post, this morning, but sadly it's not online yet.
Nobody knows Trumps finances as he doesn't file tax returns.
For all anyone knows DT has been remortgaging his properties, left right and centre.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wow indeed, I'd LOVE to see how he would react if caught in a shooting. Would probably (try) and run in the opposite direction or fall to the ground in a quivering heap. All talk and no balls to back it up with.

Incredibly unfairly I instantly thought of The Dead Zone:-

maxresdefault.jpg

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Wow indeed, I'd LOVE to see how he would react if caught in a shooting. Would probably (try) and run in the opposite direction or fall to the ground in a quivering heap. All talk and no balls to back it up with.

What that doesn't take into account is that if someone innocent is armed and in the club and they here a couple of shots ring out and look around for the attacker and there is a random clubber who draws his firearm to at shoot the real attacker, how would the 3rd person know he was defending himself and not part of those carrying out the massacre and therefore not to shoot at him? and the same for armed 4th person to draw...and the 5th armed person....etc...

D

Deleted member 22389

I was caught in the middle of a shooting in Naples, Italy. I was the scariest thing I have ever witnessed.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What that doesn't take into account is that if someone innocent is armed and in the club and they here a couple of shots ring out and look around for the attacker and there is a random clubber who draws his firearm to at shoot the real attacker, how would the 3rd person know he was defending himself and not part of those carrying out the massacre and therefore not to shoot at him? and the same for armed 4th person to draw...and the 5th armed person....etc...

Exactly this, it is what would happen in a crowded nightclub where drugs and alcohol have been consumed.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
They're all crooked. Whoever prevails will be crooked. What's the point of bothering with taking sides while they encourage us to bicker over minor issues. Stop taking arbitrary sides when the only solution is non-conformism, non-violence and acts of defiance showing these ruling elite that we know they're game, and we just won't play anymore even if some of us are quite well off at the expense of the billions suffering in this potentially abundant world.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Exactly this, it is what would happen in a crowded nightclub where drugs and alcohol have been consumed.

So we can't have drugs and firearms now then veg ? No afternoons at my place for you then.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So we can't have drugs and firearms now then veg ? No afternoons at my place for you then.

I think the equation is Drugs + Firearms + Americans.... you should be ok

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think the equation is Drugs + Firearms + Americans.... you should be ok

Phew. Nothing like shooting a few La Chouffe bottle tops with my Weirauch pcp after downing 7 or 8. I wonder when the day will come when someone actually hits one.
Saturday afternoon was all set up until England f. ucked it up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here