Dear Scotland

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
2845932727_634d4281c3_m.jpg

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Can you water the plants and put the bins out please, we've decided to stay another week.

Thanks, #ENG #WAL #NIR #IRE x

Why have Ireland been included they are not part of the UK, you may as well include any country that is left in the Euros if you are including Ireland.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Why have Ireland been included they are not part of the UK, you may as well include any country that is left in the Euros if you are including Ireland.

They, like Scotland, are part of the British Isles. Scotland are the only country in the British isles not to take part in, or qualify for the knockouts of Euro 2016. Comprende?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
With one of Wales and Northern Ireland guaranteed a place in the Quarters and with one nation who has never won a major tournament before guaranteed a place in the final, this is turning into an interesting tournament. Perhaps the complicated 3rd place qualifying for the last 16 is actually a good thing afterall?

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
With one of Wales and Northern Ireland guaranteed a place in the Quarters and with one nation who has never won a major tournament before guaranteed a place in the final, this is turning into an interesting tournament. Perhaps the complicated 3rd place qualifying for the last 16 is actually a good thing afterall?

I know what you mean, it is good to see the 'smaller' nations do well, but the quality of the football has been poor. Teams are happy to lose by a goal, rather than try and get a draw or even win a game. Hopefully the knockout stages will bring more entertaining football.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
They, like Scotland, are part of the British Isles. Scotland are the only country in the British isles not to take part in, or qualify for the knockouts of Euro 2016. Comprende?

The Channel Islands and The Isle of Man are also part of the British Isles but are not part of the UK, therefore the inclusion of Ireland is still not required unless all the other countries in the Euros are included.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I know what you mean, it is good to see the 'smaller' nations do well, but the quality of the football has been poor. Teams are happy to lose by a goal, rather than try and get a draw or even win a game. Hopefully the knockout stages will bring more entertaining football.

I don't agree with this at all. Generally speaking, the defending has been first class in this tournament.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Channel Islands and The Isle of Man are also part of the British Isles but are not part of the UK, therefore the inclusion of Ireland is still not required unless all the other countries in the Euros are included.

Yes, we shouldn't really laugh at Scotland unless we are going to laugh at the other constituents of the British Isles with similar footballing ability, such as the ones you mention - Sark, Guernsey, Jersey and the IoM.

Do the Isle of Wight have an international football team? Do their fans wear kilts and support whoever England are playing? If so, we should probably laugh at them too.

You may do, but I don't they have not been part of Britain since the cessation of the Irish Free State almost 100 years ago
But our relationship with the RoI is unlike our relationship with any other nation. Centuries of shared history, passports not necessary, we can vote in each other's countries and so on. It's not unreasonable to take notice of RoI results as Brits, much as the Scandi countries all "support" each other and the same with Benelux countries.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

You must be a RIOT at parties.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham

You're being very precious on this matter.

Of the 5 home nations, only Scotland have failed to make it into the last 16 of the European Championships 2016.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I don't agree with this at all. Generally speaking, the defending has been first class in this tournament.

I guess it is all about what you want to watch and what is classed as entertaining. Teams happy to lose by only a goal isn't great football as far as I am concerned. Would rather see both teams trying to score goals and play attacking football, which hopefully we will see more in the next round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here