Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Just a heads up

uploadfromtaptalk1466660794461.jpguploadfromtaptalk1466660813372.jpg

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Strange how Tapatalk posts the photos skew-whiff.

There are allegedly some trains now but I'm going to work from home. I don't fancy standing all the way to London.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Boy, do I not miss commuting - ok, it took bowel cancer and kidney failure to make that happen, but maybe it was worth it !

Wow that's quite a statement. Maybe you should start some kind of "Things that are more preferable than commuting with SASTA" campaign.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Wrong sort of water on the tracks?
To be fair in places in Clapham and Wandsworth it looked as if a river was flowing between the tracks...

Question for those ITK: why can't the platform and on board indicators, and the automated announcements be turned off when they go wrong? On my journey back from Clapham I got on a train that the platform indicator and the automated announcement assured me was going to Littlehampton only to find that it was actually going to Epsom. Later the train from East Croydon to Brighton confidently assured me for the whole journey that we would shortly be arriving at Luton Airport Parkway (much to the horror of the tourists who were trying to go to Gatwick.)

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
I got on an on-time train at Wivelsfield that then waited at Haywards Heath for half an hour for the attaching portion to catch up. If I'd just been told this at Wivelsfield I could have gone back home and had a nice cup of tea and would have had much more sympathy.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
To be fair in places in Clapham and Wandsworth it looked as if a river was flowing between the tracks...

Question for those ITK: why can't the platform and on board indicators, and the automated announcements be turned off when they go wrong? On my journey back from Clapham I got on a train that the platform indicator and the automated announcement assured me was going to Littlehampton only to find that it was actually going to Epsom. Later the train from East Croydon to Brighton confidently assured me for the whole journey that we would shortly be arriving at Luton Airport Parkway (much to the horror of the tourists who were trying to go to Gatwick.)

It can be confusing when its right as well, we came back from London to Polegate on a Sunday morning a few weeks ago and had to come via Brighton, we got onto the Eastbourne train at Brighton and just as it was leaving the internal announcement said it was the London train, lots of worried looks until it eventually then went onto say it was going to Eastbourne first and then onto London.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
To be fair between Clapham Junction (Battersea) and Wandsworth common there was a river flowing through the tracks.

I'm just have way walking back from CJ to Balham because there is still a river flowing and the platforms are closed.

albionite

May 20, 2009
What happened this morning isn't southerns fault but the mess for the rest of the day is.

All the experienced guys in control have left for better things/money. Southern have employed graduate managers (cheaper)in their place with the most experienced guy only been doing it for two years.

They have also moved them to a different building so they are no longer working along side the guys who work for network rail so no more leaning over and asking for best course of action,

Pretty much why when it goes tits up it stays that way all day.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Heard a great announcement this afternoon at Brighton Station....
"Please stand back from the edge of Platform 8 as the next train will not stop at this station"!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Heard a great announcement this afternoon at Brighton Station....
"Please stand back from the edge of Platform 8 as the next train will not stop at this station"!

I heard that announcement last season one Saturday waiting for a train to Falmer for a game, thought I was going mad so glad you have also confirmed this.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
What happened this morning isn't southerns fault but the mess for the rest of the day is.

All the experienced guys in control have left for better things/money. Southern have employed graduate managers (cheaper)in their place with the most experienced guy only been doing it for two years.

They have also moved them to a different building so they are no longer working along side the guys who work for network rail so no more leaning over and asking for best course of action,

Pretty much why when it goes tits up it stays that way all day.

I just put that on the SASTA thread , bit different closing a check out in Tesco's to having hundreds of phone calls from staff wanting to know what to do

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here