Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Community Football Coach - Donny Sinclair - A Dreadful Loss

MrsCoach

Aug 15, 2013
On Sunday 19th June, Father's Day, 49 year old community youth football coach Donny Sinclair was playing in a fun football match at the club presentation day for DaSH Junior Football Club in Denton, Newhaven, when he suffered full cardiac arrest and, despite the desperate efforts of medical staff to save his life, he passed away in front of his twelve year old son.

Donny taught many young people and adults to swim at the Peacehaven swimming pool and he was a lifelong Celtic fan as he grew up in Glasgow. He was a season ticket holder at Brighton and Hove Albion after moving to the South Coast twenty years ago and adopted the Seagulls as his 'local' team.

Family and friends are devastated by the sudden loss. Donny was larger than life and the driving force behind many community initiatives - always with a smile and a helping hand. Nothing was ever too much trouble for him, and his four young children - aged 12, 9, 6 and 4 - will grow up without their wonderful father, but so many people loved and respected him, he will never be forgotten.

We would like to support his family with the immediate costs they face at this terrible time and have started a crowdfunding page to help - https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/donnysinclair

If you are able to donate, even a small amount, it would ease the pressure on his wonderful young family.
Laurence (Mr Coach) and I have known Donny and his family for fifteen years and are still staggered by the sudden passing of our good friend - we can't quite believe he's really gone.

Thank you everyone.
Mrs Coach (Paula).

donny 6.jpg

donny 5.jpg

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Such a tragedy - people like Donny who give so readily are the ones who create communities and contribute so much to society. If only there were a few more like him.

RIP

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
My three children all have been taught by Donny. My two boys particularly loved the banter about football and the albion they used to have twice a week.

He will be sadly missed and when we heard the news on Sunday we were all so upset.

One more thing I want to say. The swimming school was based at their house. They both worked for the school and both taught there. Their home, their jobs and their income were all so heavily linked. For many of us, is something happened then whilst devastating for those left behind, our work and home are compartmentalised. But not in this case. They will need support in the short term

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
It's awful news, drove past the Hollow on Sunday and saw the ambulances on the field, knew something serious had happened.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Terrible terrible news. Sounded like the guy lived a full life. Thoughts with family and friends.

Buck

Through & Through
Feb 18, 2009
Not Lewes Any More
Trying to keep this near the top so hopefully many more will donate.
I was there on Sunday, with both my sons, one of which was playing in the game, the other coached by Donny. It was a truly tragic event, unfortunately witnessed by many adults and children. As Mrs Coach says, everything was done to try and revive Donny, but sadly he passed away.
It was very upsetting for all, but for the family to lose Donny on Father's Day in such an unexpected turn of events must be devastating. Please donate what you can, even a little will help. The same could happen to any of us.

RIP Donny.

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
Was going to put some money on the football at the weekend, but decided to donate it instead to this cause. RIP Donny.

MrsCoach

Aug 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your kindness everyone. Vicky is overwhelmed by the support.
https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/donnysinclair

Does anyone know where I can get a large Albion flag to drape over his coffin? They would like a Brighton and a Celtic one side by side to represent the two teams in his life.
Thank you so much everyone.

donny 9.jpg

MrsCoach

Aug 15, 2013
Donny's funeral is Tuesday 12th July. The hearse will be passing by the Hollow Recreation Ground between 11.20 and 11.30am and then going on to the Downs Crematorium for the service starting at Noon. Football shirts welcome - preferably Celtic, Brighton or DaSH - but all teams ok, bar Rangers! :) There will then be a short reception at the Hampden Arms PH, Heighton Road, South Heighton from approximately 1.30pm. Family flowers only, any donations in lieu of flowers to Caring Lady Funeral Directors, Peacehaven, which is in aid of DaSH JFC

https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/donnysinclair

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here