Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

30 years today

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Maradona-Hand-of-God.jpg

Yeah he's cheating **** but a genius and Shilts, you got out jumped by a midget :( Can believe its 30 years

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Given he was banned for drug taking I always exclude him from any discussion on top footballers ever.

I still can't understand why someone didn't foul him to stop the 2nd goal.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Shit ..... now I feel old !!!!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
View attachment 75963

Yeah he's cheating **** but a genius and Shilts, you got out jumped by a midget :( Can believe its 30 years

Will always be a cheat nothing more for me.

In fairness to Shilts, he was going at an angle, whereas The Cheat was jumping straight with momentum and using his hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I was still at primary school and I remember being allowed to stay up after 9pm to watch it on a Sunday night in case in went to extra time and penalties like the other quarter finals had on the Saturday.............................

SAC

May 21, 2014
Watched the match on a small tv above the bar in a pub. Was politely asked to leave and not return. I haven't!

The result doesn't count as he's a drugs cheat.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I still remember Barnes had what looked to have been a simple header in the last minute to make it 2-2 but some how missed it.

England would probably have lost on penalties as usual though anyway.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Probably still a better keeper than Hart

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
One day we'll actually win something and not have to keep deflecting blame from Fenwick's awful keeper backpass.
Steve Hodge

And he also got Maradona's shirt after the match.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I still remember Barnes had what looked to have been a simple header in the last minute to make it 2-2 but some how missed it.

England would probably have lost on penalties as usual though anyway.

That was Lineker from Barnes cross.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I was still at primary school and I remember being allowed to stay up after 9pm to watch it on a Sunday night in case in went to extra time and penalties like the other quarter finals had on the Saturday.............................

I thought the game kicked off at 12 local time which would have been 6pm UK time, meaning that even with extra time and penalties the game would have finished before 9pm

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I thought the game kicked off at 12 local time which would have been 6pm UK time, meaning that even with extra time and penalties the game would have finished before 9pm

You're right if it was. I could have sworn it was a 7PM kick-off here though. It was 30 years ago and I was 8 years old! It could just have been my Sunday bedtime was still very early then! :lolol:

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Cheat or not Maradonna was surely one of the best. His power and dribbling skills were something. Some say South American football is not what it used to be however they still have five teams in the top ten world rankings with Argentina at the top while Brazil who some seem to write off are still seventh.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here