Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Northern Ireland are through!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Albania & Turkey's goal difference is inferior, so correct me if I'm wrong but.......

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Excellent ! I knew I was on to a winner when I drew them in the works sweepstake !

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
All adds to how chucklesome the Scots are. Even if they do make it one day to a tournament again, they'll NEVER make it out of their group. Same as it ever was. :lolol:

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Good on them. They've been very spirited so far. They probably owe a debt of gratitude to Mario Gomez tonight though as he could quite easily have scored 4 or 5 today had he put his shooting boots on.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not that I begrudge them, but losing 2 out of 3 group games and yet still progressing does tend to highlight what a total nonsense this competition has become under the current format. Plus the fact that some teams know exactly what they need out of their final game, whilst others don't, just by courtesy of the fixture schedule of the groups is pretty unfair.

24 teams is a total dogs dinner of a tournament. 16 was perfect. Hit the ground running, top 2 qualify for the QF's and there's no fannying about with x number of permutations over who you could face in the knockouts. Money talks though I suppose.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Not that I begrudge them, but losing 2 out of 3 group games and yet still progressing does tend to highlight what a total nonsense this competition has become under the current format. Plus the fact that some teams know exactly what they need out of their final game, whilst others don't, just by courtesy of the fixture schedule of the groups is pretty unfair.

24 teams is a total dogs dinner of a tournament. 16 was perfect. Hit the ground running, top 2 qualify for the QF's and there's no fannying about with x number of permutations over who you could face in the knockouts. Money talks though I suppose.
All of Diss. You shouldn't be able to lose two out of three games and go through. It's INSANE

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Totally agree. Add to this we have spent two weeks just to eliminate just 8 really rubbish teams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here