attachment.php

A humorous side of colonoscopy :)

Attachments

• img038_kindlephoto-5103107.jpg
    img038_kindlephoto-5103107.jpg
    517.7 KB · Views: 2,384

Malonia

Nov 1, 2009
I've been referred for one. Wasn't too anxious, but the description of the MoviPrep experience has changed all that! :eek:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
A work colleague has one this week. He said he would video the event of the night before, I said audio would probably suffice:shit::lolol:

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I had a colonoscopy and once I started inhaling the laughing gas I was in Lala land. They could have stuffed a lamp post up there, and I would neither have felt it or cared.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've been referred for one. Wasn't too anxious, but the description of the MoviPrep experience has changed all that! :eek:

When they tell you 'it' will happen after 2/3 hours...it's not necessarily true ....11 hours later!!! Oh and they lied re the sedative..otherwise have a nice time ..afterwards is entertaining as what goes in (air) must come back out :moo:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I have to have one every 5 years!! Always have the sedation, although it normally takes a double dose!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Trafford done mine at the Royal Sussex
...........and smiled the whole way through

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
I've only had one colonoscopy which was when I was very ill with ulcerative colitis and frankly was so sick I didn't care what they did to me but I did find it very strange to feel the biopsy samples being cut off me from the inside (and watching it on a tv). My colon was removed and every couple of years I have a pouch scope to check out my wonderful replacement insides that the brilliant surgeon created for me.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I had to take a preparation called Picolax. On the sachet was a warning not to use the powder inside after the sell-by date. Christ, what could happen I thought, I suppose it could give you the shits. After the procedure all I could think of asking the registrar was did he bite his finger nails.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Had one last year, great fun. 9 senna tablets then 2 sachets of the citrate at precise times the day before. Lots of explosions, thought I'd done great sticking to it to the letter and feeling totally 'empty'.
Let's do this I thought on arrival slightly proudly.
But no, an enema from a lovely polite nurse was still on the agenda to relieve me of the final element of dignity AND waste.

Then a sedative, then drowsily watch it on the monitor.

Lovely stuff.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I had one a few years back.
Picolax was the hospital's weapon of choice to clear me out. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, it was like someone had turned a tap on with very dirty water coming out of it and left it running for hours! I felt drained and dehydrated for the next couple of days.
The camera up the poop shoot was no laughing matter either, I was supposed to be sedated but I felt everything, especially when they have to shove it round corners, actually woke me up from my sedation it was that painful.
Not an experience I'd like to repeat if I can help it.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
With a history of bowel cancer in the family, I have had quite a few of these procedures.
I reckon the worst bit is the starvation beforehand. Not too bad during the procedure, providing the 'plumber' is skilled; however, on one occasion, I had the misfortune to have a relatively inexperienced medic carry out the procedure under the supervision of the consultant. It was most uncomfortable and continued to be so for a couple of days afterwards.

TimWatt

Feb 13, 2011
Richmond
This description began to chime, inducing amused recognition of the lead up - only to read the wooss was put under general anaesthetic for the actual procedure.

Which is a bit like writing about a great train journey but not mentioning the interesting bits of scenery missed from sleeping between both ends of the journey.

In my procedure, there was no sedation or anaesthetic offered. All female hospital staff at Roehampton as I recall - the highlight for me being the video footage of rarer viewing that deep sea exploration of the Mariana trench.

So get it done guys if required - don't be put off.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Had one and although dosed up I was in so much agony. Tight turns on the top intestine bends.
Not an experience I wanna go thru again

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
With a history of bowel cancer in the family, I have had quite a few of these procedures.
I reckon the worst bit is the starvation beforehand. Not too bad during the procedure, providing the 'plumber' is skilled; however, on one occasion, I had the misfortune to have a relatively inexperienced medic carry out the procedure under the supervision of the consultant. It was most uncomfortable and continued to be so for a couple of days afterwards.

Some people have a problem with left and right when under instruction.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Mum is having one today ,as part of her hopefully bowel cancer all clear process. So wishing her good luck.

Took my Dad to East Surrey for a colonoscopy a few years back. I sat in the waiting room for him to be done, nurse comes upto me and asks if I'm here "for the treatment".....I declined her offer.

Though with bowel cancer in the family, it won't be long until I get the little test kits through the post.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I had one a few years back and to be honest the actual procedure was fine - I guess I had a good anesthetist given other peoples comments. The worst bit was the laxative they gave me to clear me out before hand... and is probably the reason I don't join in with Ring of Fire at the Amex to this day!

:shit:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
... and is probably the reason I don't join in with Ring of Fire at the Amex to this day!

:

Picolax - we all think it hasn't worked then............whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh. then whoooooooooooooooooooosh again, and again, and again........thoughts of where is it all coming from? then after the procedure the gas pumped into you has to escape !!!!! Dignity off the negative scale. But it could save your life

Mortdecai

Aug 6, 2009
Kirkkonummi, Finland
I have had several over the past 5 years following the discovery of a cancerous growth during a routine colonoscopy. Moviprep was the instrument of torture the day before and I can relate to all that has been mentioned about the said product.
Over here in Finland they like to get you in early for morning procedures so basically several days before consist of starvation before taking the dreaded stuff. When I got my biopsy results I had to go in again to check they got it all but sadly they couldn't tell.
So they decided to remove 25cm of my colon However, the surgeon needed to see what he was dealing with so I had a third one the day before my op. The surgeon wasn't quite as gentle though. It was straight in, quick gander and then out and still remains the most painful of all the colonoscopies I've had. Of course several weeks after the op I had to have another so he could marvel at his work then finally two years later I had my first check up and I am due to have one some time soon.
This is the first time I have ever heard about sedatives or any such luxuries though. Every 6 months or so I have the CEA blood test to check my levels but so far they are still normal.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here