Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tory Brexit councillor makes disgusting comment about Jo Cox memorial fund

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
cox-tory-tweet.jpg

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-conservative-piss-post-deleted-a7093441.html

What an utterly odious man. How low are the Leave people going? Thank-god this campaign is soon to end. Had my fill of this to last a lifetime.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think he would be a prick, no matter who he was voting for. Hopefully Gove, Johnson etc will condemn this for what it is

D

Deleted member 22389

Bit like using the dead women's memory to push your remain agenda. Steven Kinnock, David Cameron, Will Straw. Desperate times bring out the worst in so called politicians on both sides.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Agree. Both sides need to take a good look at themselves.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Bit like using the dead women's memory to push your remain agenda. Steven Kinnock, David Cameron, Will Straw. Desperate times bring out the worst in so called politicians on both sides.

Not a bit like it really though, is it?
People are donating to, what they consider is a good cause, and this scrote demeans it. The various politicians using Ms Cox name to campaign for a remain vote, at least are doing it for something she believed in, and would, in all likelihood support.

It is a great cause, she was obviously just the sort of politician this country needs. There are many of the 2010 and 2015 intake who would be an asset to both parties. I am just sick of how the media, certain politicians and certain posters are using this as a remain emotional boosting tool. Her husband, family and friends must be going through hell but I refuse to be made guilty or associated with right wing racists just because I am voting leave.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Not a bit like it really though, is it?
People are donating to, what they consider is a good cause, and this scrote demeans it. The various politicians using Ms Cox name to campaign for a remain vote, at least are doing it for something she believed in, and would, in all likelihood support.

I find it almost unimaginable that this can be genuine but the real point must be this.

Those politicians that have cited Ms Cox and support REMAIN continue to imply that her own political position requires more validation than other politicians with an opposite view.

The real issue isnt about promoting HER own political viewpoint on this referendum but more so it is the denigration of those of us that are passionate about the virtues of LEAVING and somehow linking our own motives and mentality with the perpetrator of this crime.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If Ms Cox had been killed by a Moslem immigrant, who shouted Alluha Akbar, as he committed the deed, do you really believe that the leave campaign wouldn't have used the propaganda value to the full? I hope we don't get the chance to find out, but, certain Brexit politicians, and their media friends would have milked it to its full extent, because, in the end they are all politicians.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Now you know how we feel.

We?

Ah, that explains it, just looked at your thumbs up posters.

Oddly sad and rather limited little coterie.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I just don't get claim that the remain side are using this as an emotional tool. I am a Labour Party member and one of our brightest stars was murdered carrying out her duties by someone who clearly connected himself with her opponents on a major issue... Inside I am fxxking angry and part of me has no desire to show any restraint at all....but fuelling the fire is not what the situation needs right now and I am also aware that most of our opponents on this issue are horrified by this crime.

Just imagine if a UKIP campaigner was murdered by someone shouting pro-EU slogans; how much restraint would we see?

Redundant Gigolo

Jan 19, 2016

Doesn't that just sum up what we all truly want and believe could be possible.

God help us with these parochial, narrow-minded egotistical politicians and their narcissistic agendas.

It's so sad we live in a world where we know what the right thing is to do. But simply seem unable to actually do it as a government and as a nation.

So easy - but the simplicity of the solution may well be what convinces some that it's unachievable.

So often in life the most simple and obvious road leads to salvation and peace.

Perhaps I'm just naive and stupid to think that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here