Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jordan Rhodes has been offered to a number of Championship clubs

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I suspect that Rhodes would do very little in the Premier League. Boro will have to accept a massive loss on their outlay if they want to get rid to a Championship club ...
... but there's always Villa, or Ashley's rich courtesy of zero hour contracts, sub-minimum wages, appalling working conditions, etc

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I suspect that Rhodes would do very little in the Premier League. Boro will have to accept a massive loss on their outlay if they want to get rid to a Championship club ...
... but there's always Villa, or Ashley's rich courtesy of zero hour contracts, sub-minimum wages, appalling working conditions, etc

Could argue they made a colossal profit on their outlay. Couple of goals less and they wouldn't have gone up.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Villa are reportedly after a goal scorer and wouldn't be a surprise if they spent the entirety of their 30m transfer fund solely on Championship proven players - especially given how last years French experiment played out. Plus we all know Rhodes and Gestede work well together as a front pairing.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sooner or later the game of pass the parcel with Rhodes will leave someone writing off a big loss.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
2009–2012 Huddersfield Town 124 games (73) goals
2012–2016 Blackburn Rovers 159 games (82) goals
2016– Middlesbrough 18 games (6) goals

He's 26 and English (sod going to school in Scotland being a reason to be allowed to play for them).

If he wasn't crazy expensive and his wages wouldn't blow the whole team up, then reckon he'd be the one and only domestic based player who would be able to tip us over the edge without other additions (well one back up defender perhaps unless we're super high on a youth).

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
If we can get him for around £3m then I say get him on board. I'd imagine he will have a slightly more inflated price tag than that though.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
2009–2012 Huddersfield Town 124 games (73) goals
2012–2016 Blackburn Rovers 159 games (82) goals
2016– Middlesbrough 18 games (6) goals

He's 26 and English (sod going to school in Scotland being a reason to be allowed to play for them).

If he wasn't crazy expensive and his wages wouldn't blow the whole team up, then reckon he'd be the one and only domestic based player who would be able to tip us over the edge without other additions (well one back up defender perhaps unless we're super high on a youth).

With that scoring record and a surprising loyalty to two clubs that were going nowhere, I would be happy to see him as our big striker signing for the next season.

As a previous poster pointed out, his goals for Boro made the difference to take them up and we were arguably only a few goals short of promotion ourselves. Financially out of our reach I'm sure but would be a great signing

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Pass the parcel? He went from Huddersfield to Blackburn then Boro......that's 3 clubs...
Yes, and this thread is about a 4th club ??? Sooner or later the music stops and someone is left with a loss.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps we could learn a lesson about doing what Middlesbro did, sign him to get the goals to get promotion then offload so that the cost of his transfer is minimal in relation to the amount they will earn this coming season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here