Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coasters night club, kingswest on the seafront

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is anyone going to the Coasters revival celebration Thursday 30th June at PRIZM night club on the seafront?

They are having a tribute to DJ Rory and the guy who ran the Facebook site, during the evening, and it is promising to be as near to the original Coasters experience as they can.

I remember going there in the 80's with Amer Athletic FC once a month for our beer, curry and a boogie night! I once had to put tony grealish in a cab to take him home as he was completely wankered and hadn't the faintest idea where he was...so many people were buying him drinks that night.

Anyone any memories? Wasn't there a couple of barmaids, blonde twins who used to dance on the bar counters as the night go later? Can't remember any trouble in the place where Sherries was like the Wild West sometimes.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Anyone any memories? Wasn't there a couple of barmaids, blonde twins who used to dance on the bar counters as the night go later? Can't remember any trouble in the place where Sherries was like the Wild West sometimes.

There were a couple of twins but they had brownish hair, think they did a double topless shot on the News of the World and I ended up seeing them at a 'do' in the Grand last Christmas, seemed still slightly lively, in a nice way, there was another blonde barmaid, Nina I think anyway its all on the Coasters FB page as I am sure you know ;) !!!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Remember our sound system supporting a couple of things there.. Gladiators.. and whatever that 2tone band with buster bloodvessel

Didnt King Jerry play there?

There were a couple of twins but they had brownish hair, think they did a double topless shot on the News of the World and I ended up seeing them at a 'do' in the Grand last Christmas, seemed still slightly lively, in a nice way, there was another blonde barmaid, Nina I think anyway its all on the Coasters FB page as I am sure you know ;) !!!

Jane warmers younger sisters I believe.
Jane went to school with my sister and often used to baby Me.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
[Anyone any memories? cant remember any trouble in the place where Sherries was like the Wild West sometimes.[/QUOTE]
you are joking Friday and Saturday were murder---thats how it lost its license

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Jenkinsons was over 23 entry if I remember correctly

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Saw some great gigs at Jenkinsons. Remember Thompson Twins, "Tadpole" Tudor and a great gig with Spizz where they played the whole set in a reggae stylee. Another else remember that?

Seen Spizz and Ten Pole Tudor at Jenkinsons, but not in a reggae style!

Remember Coasters and Rory who was a bit like Divine (sometimes wondered if it was the same guy). Loved dressing up as a chubby lady!! Him, not me.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I have a vague recollection of the buster blood vessel band..whose name really escapes me... where one of the band was trying to screw what he thought was a woman, who was in fact a TV on the stage...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here