Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hypothetical Euro 2016 Qualifying question..

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Top 2 from each group plus the best 4 third placed teams ( My understanding to qualify for the knockout stages).

Here's the hypothetical question, as 3rd place in groups A,B & C would qualify with a minimum of 3 points, what if the third place teams in groups D,E & F finished on two points each ( highly unlikely but possible ) and a team from our group finished 4th with 3 points. Would a team finishing 3rd on 2 points qualify over a team finishing 4th who finished with 3 points?

...It's a slow news night :D

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Er. . . . . .We smash Slovakia and get Albania, or maybe Norn Iron or possibly Jiri's Czechs. Does that answer your question?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Top 2 from each group plus the best 4 third placed teams ( My understanding to qualify for the knockout stages).

Here's the hypothetical question, as 3rd place in groups A,B & C would qualify with a minimum of 3 points, what if the third place teams in groups D,E & F finished on two points each ( highly unlikely but possible ) and a team from our group finished 4th with 3 points. Would a team finishing 3rd on 2 points qualify over a team finishing 4th who finished with 3 points?

Yes

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis

Yes, because the team on 3pts would still be bottom. If that 2 pointed third place teams was one of the 4 best thirds then yes, they'd go through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here