Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

has Jamie Vardie turned down arsenal??..

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If he does then good for him, much better off at Leicester and he will be rewarded with a good pay rise for staying loyal

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the story week or two ago was he was considering and would decide after the Euros, but that he'd told people he was seriously considering staying with Leicester to continue the dream in Europe. i couldnt fault a player at the end of such an immense season going to a bigger club, more money, etc, but i also think Leicester have a genuine chance of making an impact in Champions League if they keep that squad together. its all a bit Roy of the Rovers, the way they play will shock a number of european teams, reckon they'd get far.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
the story week or two ago was he was considering and would decide after the Euros, but that he'd told people he was seriously considering staying with Leicester to continue the dream in Europe. i couldnt fault a player at the end of such an immense season going to a bigger club, more money, etc, but i also think Leicester have a genuine chance of making an impact in Champions League if they keep that squad together. its all a bit Roy of the Rovers, the way they play will shock a number of european teams, reckon they'd get far.

Personally I think he is waiting to see if Kante stays

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
It's a tough choice and there's a fair amount of risk at either end. But a Leicester going to Champions League without Vardy is a bit of a disappointment, he was such a central role in their success and the whole point of Leicester was that underdog mentality, going to Arsenal kind of undermines that a bit.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Leicester have offered him £100k a week to stay.
So it is his choice of £120k and a seat on the bench or £100k and play week.
The Tv deal means players no longer have to leave FG or more money.
Leicesters wage cap is £80 pw.

How do you know all this? Not the sort of information that would be annonced by the club.

I´m not saying you aren't correct, but how do you know?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Why will he be on the bench? Arsenal have Giroud who doesn't really set the PL alight so I would put him above him. Would then depend on who else they buy.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36571877

Leicester striker Jamie Vardy is expected to reject an offer to join Arsenal and stay with the Premier League champions.

The 29-year-old England international has not made a final decision, but is understood to favour extending his time at the King Power Stadium.

More to follow.
Fair play to the bloke, he will gain a lot of respect from people by sticking with Leicester. I would say his decision will dictate what happens to that Leicester squad; if he leaves they'll all go, if he stays none will go.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No footballer needs to leave for money. They are all loaded. The money thing is such a bullshit excuse.

So if you were offered double your current wage you would stay and turn the extra money down.

You have stated that no footballer needs to move for money so any player in League 2 with a mortgage and children wouldnt move for money.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
So if you were offered double your current wage you would stay and turn the extra money down.

You have stated that no footballer needs to move for money so any player in League 2 with a mortgage and children wouldnt move for money.
If your current wage was £20k a year then you probably would but if you already earnt £80k a week then I'm not sure how much of a difference it would mean to many people as you can only spend so much and other factors become more important.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here