Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joke du jour...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
A vulture boarded a plane at Stansted yesterday carrying two dead raccoons. "I'm sorry, Sir", said a member of cabin crew, "only one carrion allowed per passenger".

Stumpy Tim

Which airline is this? Most airlines allow two bags on board so that's fishy for starters. More fundamental however is the lack of ID for the vulture. I find it highly unlikely the vulture would be able to board without a passport, and as far as I know birds haven't yet been mandated passports? How did the vulture pay for the flight too?

I suggest you check your sources on this one

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
How would a vulture even manage to carry TWO dead racoons? One in its beak, and then what? Under its wing?

I also call bullshit.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I have it on good authority that the raccoon is not an indigenous species in the county of Essex and so find this story hard to believe. Are you sure the vulture wasn't in possession of a pair of young badgers which, from a distance, would look remarkably similar?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
You question that and not why an animal that can fly was getting on a plane?

Was going to question the very same thing. Vultures have been known to ascend to over 30,000 feet and can fly for around 6 hours without even flapping their wings. Why bother getting on a plane?

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Was it a New World Vulture from California/South America or an Old World Vulture from Africa? Irrespective, I'm not sure that you can fly direct to either direct from Stansted.

Why would a Vulture need a plane, surely it can fly itself?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It's to big anyway, wouldn't fit in the overhead locker. Plus the Vulture probably doesn't fly with their own carry on.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Which airline is this? Most airlines allow two bags on board so that's fishy for starters. More fundamental however is the lack of ID for the vulture. I find it highly unlikely the vulture would be able to board without a passport, and as far as I know birds haven't yet been mandated passports? How did the vulture pay for the flight too?

I suggest you check your sources on this one

Easyjet only allow only one bag, well they did last Saturday.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Surely the racoons, although dead, possibly contained more than 100ml of liquid? Thus this can't be true, unless security haven't done their job properly.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
So to confirm, a vulture was visiting the UK, maybe to visit some relatives at a zoo? Decided he didn't fancy flying back, as vultures are a fundamentally lazy bird, so decided to buy a plane ticket.

He somehow accrued some money and a passport and was able to book a flight on a plane leaving from Stanstead to an unspecified destination.

At some point he acquired two dead raccoons, despite them not being an indigenous animal in the UK. He managed to get these through customs but at the point of boarding was told he could only take one on board.

I don't get it.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
well I thought it was funny .....

implausible, yes, but funny too. Fancy a vulture taking the racoons with him, normally they circle for a bit and then move in for the left overs - where did these racoons come from and were they in a half-eaten state?

There are many answers still to be provided before we can all properly laugh out loud at this one.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I flew EasyJet on Sunday and I had two. One was a laptop bag though

Maybe they have different rules for different routes, ours was quite specific, resulting in plenty of last minute cramming for the missus.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here